• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL and SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The one that will make INC the most money.

So probably the airline that made the money to buy the other two in the first place?

Anyways, just trying to prove there is no such thing as a whipsaw going on

So probably the airline that made the money to buy the other two in the first place?

The only reason XJT is bigger is because of the acquisition and merger. It had everything to do with union vs non-union labor and nothing to do with growth. Whipsaw is alive and well I assure you.

The only reason XJT is bigger is because of the acquisition and merger. It had everything to do with union vs non-union labor and nothing to do with growth. Whipsaw is alive and well I assure you.
I agree!

We'll agree to disagree

SO I think the number of 50 seaters in the Delta system is 320.
*Comair has 16
*This Skywest deal reduces it another 66

This leaves 238 50 seaters in the Delta system on the way to 125.

it seems like a close 2:1 ratio for the new 76 seaters in the delta contract would reduce the amount of 50 seaters down to the 125 goal Delta has in order to meet their contractual obligation with their pilots.

Pinnacle being in Bankruptcy is a perfect scenario for delta to make this happen. Delta can give 70 new planes to Pinnacle, then Pinnacle can part 113 CRJ 200's. Leaving Pinnacle with 41 original XJ 900's plus 70 more from the Delta contract, plus the remaining 37 CRJ200's. For a total of 148 aircraft.

What are the other players in this deal? When are their contracts up? I think this is just one possible scenario and the best possible one for Pinnacle. That being said-it could go much worse for Pinnacle as Go Jets is in play and if they get any-watch Pinnacle lose all their 140 CRJ200's and get very little of the new regional aircraft. But, when it is all said and done-Delta has put in place the management they want at Pinnacle-they have a vested interest in Pinnacle being that they are financing the bankruptcy (and caused it). They are also looking at who can staff those new planes. There will not be a shortage of pilots at the majors as they can just draw from all the regionals. But there will be a serious lack of pilots to draw from in the coming years with the new ATP requirements.

Comair is operating a fleet of 40 crj-200s, which was set to be down to 16 by end of this year.

well with them shutting their doors, thats 40 gone by Oct 1. Only RA and his cronies know the deals they want to make to get this done. One this is for sure- either they need to make some deals fast if they plan on using the surplus of pilots at Pinnacle or it will self destruct

I'm a SKW pilot and have to say you are clueless if u think there isn't whipsaw between Inc airlines.

Latest resources

Back