Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no really really hahaha.

If a 10 year guy like myself cannot even get a bid to the 737-800 in NYC (followed by a 777 DTW choice) I seriously doubt any new hire will see anything other than an MD-88 or DC-9.

no really really hahaha.

If a 10 year guy like myself cannot even get a bid to the 737-800 in NYC (followed by a 777 DTW choice) I seriously doubt any new hire will see anything other than an MD-88 or DC-9.

73N A or B?

Intructordude is on here for entertainment....enjoy the fun but take it for what its worth...just somebody having fun.

A question that does come to mind.....what are going to be the junior bases now? Where are the MD-88 and DC-9 based with this latest bid? Where would new hires possibly end up?

I know the possible new hires later this year are just a plan and could easily change.

no really really hahaha.

I hope you're talking about 73N A. I'm an 07 hire and was asigned NYC 73NB as a new hire and could have gone back on this last bid.

Intructordude is on here for entertainment....enjoy the fun but take it for what its worth...just somebody having fun.

A question that does come to mind.....what are going to be the junior bases now? Where are the MD-88 and DC-9 based with this latest bid? Where would new hires possibly end up?

I know the possible new hires later this year are just a plan and could easily change.

MD-88 is ATL, NYC, CVG, MSP.

DC-9 is DTW, MEM, and MSP.

Newhires before people started going to the widebodies (DL sent newhires to 767, NW to the panel on the 747) last round went to 88's, 9's, 737s and 320s with a smattering of all bases.

edit: clarification

Last edited:
Thanks PCRJ, I would be happy to fly any of them, it would be nice to fly the old DC-9s before they retire it.

Thanks PCRJ, I would be happy to fly any of them, it would be nice to fly the old DC-9s before they retire it.

When we do actually start hiring- be it this year, next year or whenever- a few will get to go to it. The -30 and 40's are going away later this year, but the -50's will be around for at least 5 more years.

It is nice. It's a fun airplane. You grow more chest hair, and your "man parts" get bigger too, which is a nice bonus....

Awesome, I will lay off the Extenze as I don't want things out of control down there.

;)

copied....

Any recap of the SD pilot visit in MSP yesterday?

I missed the first 45 minutes, but here are some of the highlights of the meeting.

-Currently fat on pilots, but we will barely have enough to get us through July peak in flying. No plans for hiring this year, maybe next year.

copied from another place-

Latest resources

Back