• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be helpful if when talking date of hire if you would post North or South. A NWA 2000 hire is next to a DAL 2007 hire. Or a Sen# rounded to the hundredth's.

Just a thought.

Baja.

I am a Delta - S 2000 hire. I was referring to 73N B.

Goggles,

If u were a S-2007 hire you couldn't have gone back unless it was a displacement off something else. I am #5 on the NYC MD-88B and had a bid in for NYC 765, 7ER, and 73N just to get something. The guys that got those categories were displaced in to them. Despite being junior to me, they got them from Displacements; no one junior to me got any of those on an AE, so that is why I am STILL f@#^*ing stuck.

It is a good plane and the Captains are cool; I just need a higher paying category.

I am a Delta - S 2000 hire. I was referring to 73N B.

Goggles,

If u were a S-2007 hire you couldn't have gone back unless it was a displacement off something else. I am #5 on the NYC MD-88B and had a bid in for NYC 765, 7ER, and 73N just to get something. The guys that got those categories were displaced in to them. Despite being junior to me, they got them from Displacements; no one junior to me got any of those on an AE, so that is why I am STILL f@#^*ing stuck.

It is a good plane and the Captains are cool; I just need a higher paying category.

Understood. Now I realize what they mean when they say, "VD's get processed before AE's."

I think in the scheme of things, it is a moving dart board. First AEs are awarded temporarily. The VDs (some with AEsget bumped out); then MDs and even more AE bidders get bumped from the award they temporarily had.

And last week they were stating new hires for fall. It is a moving target. Both timing and numbers are constantly changing.

Delta is not going to hire for 3 years..... Age 65, merger synergies (i.e. reduction of service means less supply, same demand, so the price just moves right on up), and outsourcing of jobs to regionals. On top of that, there are a lot of warm and fuzzies out there right now - that is because Delta has been trying to get one certificate and please every community/politician that moved along it's merger plan. How long will that last? who knows, but take the good with the bad. 4 years ago, things looked pretty bad (probably weren't as bad as they said because they suddenly have a lot of money to throw around consolidating the international airline industry). my .02.

Delta is not going to hire for 3 years..... Age 65, merger synergies (i.e. reduction of service means less supply, same demand, so the price just moves right on up), and outsourcing of jobs to regionals. On top of that, there are a lot of warm and fuzzies out there right now - that is because Delta has been trying to get one certificate and please every community/politician that moved along it's merger plan. How long will that last? who knows, but take the good with the bad. 4 years ago, things looked pretty bad (probably weren't as bad as they said because they suddenly have a lot of money to throw around consolidating the international airline industry). my .02.

Anderson and co wanted a one certificated as fast as they could and now they have. All departments have been spending money like drunken solders and that I'm sure will come to a close as soon as they put the NWA hats on..

And last week they were stating new hires for fall. It is a moving target. Both timing and numbers are constantly changing.

Just attended a Steve Dickson briefing in MSP and according to him and the Crew Resources director, the possibility of hiring this year is extremely unlikely. Even if we are perfectly staffed for this summer that means we are 20%-ish over staffed for the fall 2010.

That being said, watch oil prices, significant changes in the economy, and the JAL deal and the pilot staffing situation could possibly change. The May/June AE will be telling. The company is dragging their feet on this AE while closely watching the above said issues to determine how much flying we do this year / next.

Just attended a Steve Dickson briefing in MSP and according to him and the Crew Resources director, the possibility of hiring this year is extremely unlikely. Even if we are perfectly staffed for this summer that means we are 20%-ish over staffed for the fall 2010.

That being said, watch oil prices, significant changes in the economy, and the JAL deal and the pilot staffing situation could possibly change. The May/June AE will be telling. The company is dragging their feet on this AE while closely watching the above said issues to determine how much flying we do this year / next.

I know, they are wavering. On Jan 1st they stated hiring in fall of 2010 so they are mincing words.

From what I can tell they are prepping for opening the hiring cog.

I also agree that they are getting ready because of the JAL deal. It is a moving target so that makes their staffing needs a moving target. If you take the whole JAL deal out of it they will see a need for pilots in 2011.

Hiring would be nice, but I'm pretty happy with status quo in the near term. The fact that we haven't furloughed is amazing and very beneficial to me.

Latest resources

Back