• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if this plays out like many believe it will, we're going to have to hire this fall. Going to get real interesting very soon. :beer:

I'm no expert here, but I would put the 88/90's in MSP and DTW, close the MEM DC-9 base, then move all the -9's to ATL. Then I'd put a -9 on every route that Airtran flies with a 717.
If so, you might want to put XM radio and internet on those -9's to compete.

I'm no expert here, but I would put the 88/90's in MSP and DTW, close the MEM DC-9 base, then move all the -9's to ATL. Then I'd put a -9 on every route that Airtran flies with a 717.

The problem with that is that all the -9 flights out of MEM are pretty much full. They could shift through passengers through other bases but MEM works and I dont see them shutting down MEM. In fact they've been adding routes unlike CVG. I see CVG being cut even more and MEM growing. They are about to expand the Terminal after they finish the new tower which is almost complete. Time will tell

So does this JAL deal mean hiring for Delta?

They really do not need to hire this year. The only reason to do it, is to be prepped for next year. There will not be too many major changes that they can make to the summer 2010 sked. Maybe a few more cities in Asia, but it appears that may be set.

As Monster is stating:
Wavering on a DFW base, and putting 90's all up North. Who knows it changes hourly some times.

Must be why RA said, "No. Never," when asked about a DFW base at a recent on-line chat.

Must be why RA said, "No. Never," when asked about a DFW base at a recent on-line chat.

Maybe, but as lawyer do they answer the question, No never a hub. Does not mean a virtual base, fa only base, super-focus city etc. The answer always depends on the question asked.

Next bid or not at all is what many have stated.

They really do not need to hire this year. The only reason to do it, is to be prepped for next year. There will not be too many major changes that they can make to the summer 2010 sked. Maybe a few more cities in Asia, but it appears that may be set.

As Monster is stating:
Wavering on a DFW base, and putting 90's all up North. Who knows it changes hourly some times.

So what planes flying out of DFW?

Latest resources

Back