• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MD'd to the ATL 73N for me. After 3 displacement bids off the 767, they finally got me! Looks like I probably just missed my % threshold to go to the 7ER in NYC. I'm looking forward to learning a new plane...and also not commuting.

The 737 is nice. It has advantages over the 757/767: Namely the avionics and FMS are superior. And the biggest advantage is ... all the 737 flight decks are identical so you don't have to figure out 5 different FMS's, weather radars, transponders ...

The biggest disadvantages is that your office will be cramped and noisy.

The 737 is nice. It has advantages over the 757/767: Namely the avionics and FMS are superior. And the biggest advantage is ... all the 737 flight decks are identical so you don't have to figure out 5 different FMS's, weather radars, transponders ...

Yeah the avionics look sweet... the overhead on the other hand was definitely southwest-ified. Looks like there are slight differences on the 700, but nothing like the 15 or however many variations we have on the 75/76 fleet.

I heard it's quite noisy... will a telex 750 still do?

Yeah but the 737 has hub-caps!

Yeah the avionics look sweet... the overhead on the other hand was definitely southwest-ified. Looks like there are slight differences on the 700, but nothing like the 15 or however many variations we have on the 75/76 fleet.

Yeah, the "donkey-dick" switches on the overhead can really hurt when you inadvertantly hit your noggin on them. I have yet to do that on the 757/767.

In regards to the noise......at least at CAL........I used the ear-piece and it was just fine. Also, it is quieter with the "eye-brow" windows removed. Not as quiet as the 757/767 but not nearly as noisy as the CRJ.

What? I can't hear ya? You want gear? say again?? I think after flying the sparrow for a while, I start to point at what I want to be done, maybe i'm a soft spoken gentleman, maybe it's that loud. I used the 850, and it's still noticeable. On the other hand, I find the maddog loud as hell as well. The only true quiet airplane i ever flown is the 717. I thought i was flying the sim all day long.

Where are you FI Deltoid regulars going?

ACL?
Peanuckle?
Shwanker?
Monsytebuck?
Superpilot?

et al ...

I'm staying in the NYC ER for now -- probably looking at year round reserve.

I'm headed back to the Short Bus, no call on when training is yet though. :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back