• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most likely.
But he wasn't a scab
He didn't pay for training
And he didn't sue anyone to try to further his career at the expense at someone else.
Can you say the same?

Good post. He is also not a minority.
And he/they were selected from the best pilots in the World.

If this would have happened at a regional, the media would have had a field day. The press would have been all over it. They would have had an "experienced" mainline pilot on the air being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer commenting on the lack of experience and lack of competancy in the flight deck. Freak'n mainline pilots.......

You are right.
That is exactly what happens and will continue to happened.
Just compare the hiring standards and quality of new hires at regionals and majors and you will see the big picture, just like Wolf.

I was wondering if it was 9L, because I believe that ILS is OTS. If he could have backed himself up with a localizer, maybe it would've been a different outcome.

It's not sole source, so the feds should still pull his ticket permanently.

I'm sure the controller will dime the pilots to the feds...but sole source or not, if it was not a deliberate act they have no reason to throw it out----but they will need to word the report very, very carefully and hopefully ALPA, ALPA Safety, DALPA and DAPLA Safety folks have gotten together to help the pilots word their ASAP correctly.

Does Delta have the ASAP program back?

Why do some people think a non-sole source ASAP will be thrown out?

It's not sole source, so the feds should still pull his ticket permanently.

Again. You have no clue how the ASAP program works at Delta. Quit while you're behind.

Was that not started from a landing at Ohio State instead of Columbus Ohio? Close enough I guess.

The OSU incident I remember was a TWA 707 landing there instead of CMH. They used to have pictures of it hanging in the greasy spoon there when I flew corporate. Has it happened more than once there with a legacy carrier?

Guys, there is a lot to this. Let the facts come out. It will change the way you view it. Currently everyone is looking like dolts.

I'm waiting to hear how he knew the weight bearing capacity of the taxi would not be exceeded thus leading to catastrophic consequences.

Latest resources

Back