• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The FAA adds that to their knowledge, no aircraft as ever landed on a Hartsfield taxiway before."

Huh? Its well known that they did this a lot during runway construction. Thanks FAA.

"The FAA adds that to their knowledge, no aircraft as ever landed on a Hartsfield taxiway before."

Huh? Its well known that they did this a lot during runway construction. Thanks FAA.

He's talking about by accident, numbnuts.

Guys, there is a lot to this. Let the facts come out. It will change the way you view it. Currently everyone is looking like dolts.

Well ACL after hyping up this crews actions as "understandable" all I have to say is this better be good. Like two pilots incapacitated good, because really I can not come up with any other scenario in which it would make any sense to land on a taxiway in the dark.

Dont Ever Land There Again

Well ACL after hyping up this crews actions as "understandable" all I have to say is this better be good. Like two pilots incapacitated good, because really I can not come up with any other scenario in which it would make any sense to land on a taxiway in the dark.

If my family was on the aircraft I don't even think "understandable" would be good enough!

Guys, there is a lot to this. Let the facts come out. It will change the way you view it. Currently everyone is looking like dolts.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

Like any incident, I'm sure there will be numerous contributing factors. The crew, however, should feel very fortunate that this did not end in catastrophe, one medical emergency could have become hundreds. An egregious error to say the least.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

Like any incident, I'm sure there will be numerous contributing factors. The crew, however, should feel very fortunate that this did not end in catastrophe, one medical emergency could have become hundreds. An egregious error to say the least.

Correct. This could have been a very bad day for aviation. Instead it is an incident that we can talk about, and I know that I have already learned from the details I have.

Fact is that I will not pass judgment on what the crew did, but there was a medical emergency that was progressive in nature. When the details of this emerge, and the supporting details emerge, if or anyone that is a professional aviator does not take a step back and realize that you to would set yourself up this way, you should be concerned.

I am sure that where they landed was not by design. Until the professional investigators to their investigation, the professional pilots should not slime their fellow pilots. I know how I would feel after this incident. They have to live with the results of their actions, whether intentional or not. That is the hardest thing to do.

This should be a fairly quick investigation, with a lot of findings that lead to learning by all of us.

I am thankful that it was an incident and not an accident. These guys were professionals with Tens of thousands of hours in combined experience. Wait for the facts. Please.

Latest resources

Back