• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct. This could have been a very bad day for aviation. Instead it is an incident that we can talk about, and I know that I have already learned from the details I have.

Fact is that I will not pass judgment on what the crew did, but there was a medical emergency that was progressive in nature. When the details of this emerge, and the supporting details emerge, if or anyone that is a professional aviator does not take a step back and realize that you to would set yourself up this way, you should be concerned.

I am sure that where they landed was not by design. Until the professional investigators to their investigation, the professional pilots should not slime their fellow pilots. I know how I would feel after this incident. They have to live with the results of their actions, whether intentional or not. That is the hardest thing to do.

This should be a fairly quick investigation, with a lot of findings that lead to learning by all of us.

I am thankful that it was an incident and not an accident. These guys were professionals with Tens of thousands of hours in combined experience. Wait for the facts. Please.
Well said. Most don't want to hang the pilots. It's just sad when stuff like this happens. If the Comair LEX accident would have just been an incident (if they would have gotten airborn and cleared the trees) those guys would have been in the same boat as the Delta crew. But, as we can see, those Delta pilots are very lucky to be alive today. This should have ended very badly. But, for whatever reason, they were able to land a giant airplane, designed to land on a reinforced concrete runway, on M taxiway in ATL. Still unbelievable to me. Just glad the crew and passengers are now home with their loved ones. Can't say the same about the Comair crew and passengers.

ACL65PILOT,

Part of the problem here is that regional pilots have been getting lectures about how much better mainline pilots are, and how the recent issues in the news wouldn't happen to "mainline" pilots. Even mainline pilots in this thread have exulted how much "better" they are and how their "experience" is so superior to us little scooter pilots.

If we all treated each other as EQUALS, instead of the condescending lectures we get from the "mainline" pilots...This thread wouldn't have gone on this long. The fact is it has been open season on regional pilots this year...Not just from the media, but from some of your colleagues...

Remember what they say about living in glass houses......

Joe, thats because you ARE JUST a commuter pilot. Dont forget to check your mags before takeoff.

Reading the post on this thread are making me sick, its to the point of really disliking the whole profession enough to get out all together. I don't care what you fly. Disgusting to say the least.

Joe, thats because you ARE JUST a commuter pilot. Dont forget to check your mags before takeoff.

I rest my case...Thank you for helping to make my point...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled mud slinging.....

So do the same old boring come backs by low life regional ****************************** bags!
SCOPE OUT MAINLINE PILOTS WHO GAVE UP SCOPE AND RUINED THE INDUSTRY!
Open your eyes man. Look in the mirror. You and your comrads created this mess. Now DEAL WITH IT!!!

Let's not turn this thread into a mainline vs. regional scope issue. We all know why regionals are flying to large cities with 50-76 jets; because you let them....simple as that. Got it.

Latest resources

Back