• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure that where they landed was not by design. Until the professional investigators to their investigation, the professional pilots should not slime their fellow pilots. I know how I would feel after this incident. They have to live with the results of their actions, whether intentional or not. That is the hardest thing to do.

This should be a fairly quick investigation, with a lot of findings that lead to learning by all of us.

I am thankful that it was an incident and not an accident. These guys were professionals with Tens of thousands of hours in combined experience. Wait for the facts. Please.

ACL65PILOT,

Part of the problem here is that regional pilots have been getting lectures about how much better mainline pilots are, and how the recent issues in the news wouldn't happen to "mainline" pilots. Even mainline pilots in this thread have exulted how much "better" they are and how their "experience" is so superior to us little scooter pilots.

If we all treated each other as EQUALS, instead of the condescending lectures we get from the "mainline" pilots...This thread wouldn't have gone on this long. The fact is it has been open season on regional pilots this year...Not just from the media, but from some of your colleagues...

Remember what they say about living in glass houses......

If my family was on the aircraft I don't even think "understandable" would be good enough!

What if one of us had been on the taxiway? Who thinks the tone of this debate would be different had it been an ASA or PNCL RJ that did this?

Joe Merchant,

On the contrary, it is YOU that is bringing up the whole regional/major thing. ACL is simply stating what is a well known adage, it can happen to anybody. The fact that you bring up the regional/major issue tells me that you have some insecurities lurking.... When I first read about the incident, the LAST thing on my mind was drawing a comparison between regional/major, because it has happened to both, several times. So who really cares? And why even bring it up? How about just waiting for the "deets" and then learning from the whole thing so that we can prevent it from happening - regardless of what airline we work for?

ACL65PILOT,

Part of the problem here is that regional pilots have been getting lectures about how much better mainline pilots are, and how the recent issues in the news wouldn't happen to "mainline" pilots. Even mainline pilots in this thread have exulted how much "better" they are and how their "experience" is so superior to us little scooter pilots.

If we all treated each other as EQUALS, instead of the condescending lectures we get from the "mainline" pilots...This thread wouldn't have gone on this long. The fact is it has been open season on regional pilots this year...Not just from the media, but from some of your colleagues...

Joe,

You don't get treated as equals because you don't do the same job - you are flying acft and lift intentionally contracted to outsource and undercut mainline flying, using smaller acft. Why should I embrace you? So you feel better about bolstering your career at the expense of mine? Spare me the ALPA unity chant - "unity" and "brotherhood" as articulated by you and other feeder pilots is a pretext for "I should be able to steal out of your back pocket to fill mine".

The flying skill arguement is a different vector - I know there are a lot of highly skilled, expereinced, professional aviators in the feeders. If I were you I'd be more concerned about the reputation the "kids" give you that the legacy pilots are.

What if one of us had been on the taxiway? Who thinks the tone of this debate would be different had it been an ASA or PNCL RJ that did this?

Joe, I will not argue anything. I will also state that in my ten year career at ASA, their training dept was top notch. They have it right. I am still impressed with the majority of aviators that they produce. ASA is not the issue, and you know it.

As for this. I will be more than willing to discuss this when the details are made public. Not sure there will be much to discuss once that happens, but I am willing.

ACL65PILOT,

That failed lawsuit and career has you bitter, eh sparky?
Guess what sport, it is you, and more specific, your rjdc band of sisterhood that has put a knife in the bond that should be between regional and major airline pilots.
Now, get back on your knees and get back under Dan's desk, where you belong.
Oh and joey, maybe you should call Haber, after all, you'll now be flying under the UAL code, you should sue them to get on their list!

Reality check, people. If an RJ did this it would have gotten National Attention, and the talking heads on cable news would be saying how inexperienced and dangerous regional pilots are, how the schedules lead to fatigue, blah blah blah.

Mainline does it, and it's a 30 second blurb, with shoulder shrugs and "well, it happens, at least no one was hurt".

Total Double Standard. I think this is what all the Regional pilots who posted are tying to say!

Latest resources

Back