DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought to myself, If only pilots would have the same philosophy

You're comparing us to doctors? Check out this thread on the regional forums. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=127545

Pathetic, to say the least. The sad thing is, a long time ago, this profession was once held in as high regard as the medical profession. Now a large segment is comprised of unprofessional, sophomoric mouthbreathers.

You're comparing us to doctors? Check out this thread on the regional forums. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=127545

Pathetic, to say the least. The sad thing is, a long time ago, this profession was once held in as high regard as the medical profession. Now a large segment is comprised of unprofessional, sophomoric mouthbreathers.

The only thing that I compared was his philosophy of not criticizing his colleagues like you seem to be so keen in doing, the only thing that is pathetic is your reading comprehension level

Actually we all can BID. A few years ago 9R/27L was being redone in ATL and everyone landed on twy R using the ILS on the closed rwy (9R/27L) and then sliding over to land on R. ASA also did it years ago in BQK while the rwy there was being redone. Nuthin' to it! :D

Hoser
Roll Tide!

Don't forget that senior Captain/crew that landed on Romeo when 27L was open...

The only thing that I compared was his philosophy of not criticizing his colleagues like you seem to be so keen in doing, the only thing that is pathetic is your reading comprehension level

Where did I insult you in my post? Your response was overkill.

My point is that unfortunately the buffoons on the thread about toilet seat covers are my "colleagues" -- and yours -- it doesn't change the fact that they're sophomoric and unprofessional.

We both agree that critiquing a pilot after an incident is not behavior professional pilots should engage in -- even after the NTSB makes it final report.

Last edited:
Mistakes in aviation

There are those who have and those who will.

Be happy that no one was using or about to use the taxiway.

There are those who have and those who will.

Man I get tired of hearing that. You hear that from guys that land gear up too.

I tell you what. Let's do a poll of retired pilots and find out how many of them have landed gear up or on a taxiway. I would guess that it would be a pretty small number. Misery likes company.

That being said, we should all try to learn from this. None of us are infallible. We all make mistakes. Some mistakes have larger consequences than others. Thankfully no one was on the taxiway that day.

Man I get tired of hearing that. You hear that from guys that land gear up too.

I tell you what. Let's do a poll of retired pilots and find out how many of them have landed gear up or on a taxiway. I would guess that it would be a pretty small number. Misery likes company.

That being said, we should all try to learn from this. None of us are infallible. We all make mistakes. Some mistakes have larger consequences than others. Thankfully no one was on the taxiway that day.

I believe his post was meant to be paired with his "Mistakes in Aviation" title, and wasn't referring to landing gear/up, on a taxiway, or even an ugly chick for that matter.

Latest resources

Back