• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe his post was meant to be paired with his "Mistakes in Aviation" title, and wasn't referring to landing gear/up, on a taxiway, or even an ugly chick for that matter.

I think you are right. I missed the title. No one makes it through a career in aviation without making lots of mistakes. It is a part of being human. I just squirm a little when I hear that phrase used in conversations about career changing type mistakes.

What is curious is that it was dark when they landed. Usually ATL has the approach lights up so high you can hardly see the taxiways.

0555 landing. Sunrise is at 0740. Approach lights will be in question, but it was not the landing runway (27R) at the time.

If this would have happened at a regional, the media would have had a field day. The press would have been all over it. They would have had an "experienced" mainline pilot on the air being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer commenting on the lack of experience and lack of competancy in the flight deck. Freak'n mainline pilots.......hey General, pay more attention during critical phases of flight.

0555 landing. Sunrise is at 0740. Approach lights will be in question, but it was not the landing runway (27R) at the time.
No excuse. Pilots screwed up. Taxiway light are blue....runway lights are not. It's the crews job to land on the runway not a taxiway. Everyone deserves a second chance....ASAP it....take the diciplinary action like a man, and move on to fly another day.

It's not sole source, so hopefully the fed who sits on the ASAP review committee will kick it out of ASAP. When someone makes a mistake about a runway, they are no longer fit to fly. At least that is what the Delta pilots said about the other outfit that missed their runway. I'm just trying to let the Delta pilots be right. ..l..

It's not sole source, so hopefully the fed who sits on the ASAP review committee will kick it out of ASAP. When someone makes a mistake about a runway, they are no longer fit to fly. At least that is what the Delta pilots said about the other outfit that missed their runway. I'm just trying to let the Delta pilots be right. ..l..

It's akin to amputating the patients wrong leg.

It's not sole source, so hopefully the fed who sits on the ASAP review committee will kick it out of ASAP.

They won't. That's not how our ASAP works.

Latest resources

Back