DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
!

That statement sums up the current mess very well...NO, but your pathetic lawsuit filed by your azzwipe comrads at the rjdc does! Somewhere along the line, flying one size airplane became a different job than flying other size airplanes....Then why did you sue to get to fly bigger airplanes? I found the job is getting easier as the airplanes get bigger and more automated...I think they are ALL the same job...That's just me....And yet you still tried to circumvent another carrier's PWA via a lawsuit to get what you couldn't get through the interview process.

I don't believe in the "unity" and "brotherhood" kumbaya either...We know joe, but don't worry, you've been blacklisted from working anywhere else except ASA, and it kills you that you had to pay to get your job! You and others prove every day that is BS....I haven't believed in it for many years...
Alot of other scabs feel the same way you do too!

years ago when this happened at Delta's "redheaded stepchild", I overheard the Capt talking about it and said he was "looking down at a picnic table where he used eat lunch and watch planes land". He kept his job. Don't remember what happened to the FO or who was flying at the time.

FightingIrish said:
Joe really get's your goat Scope out RJs. His message must hit close to home.
No, not really, its just fun to watch him squirm in his career and even more so watch him continue to ------->:crying::crying::crying:

400AHOLE aka chuck yogurt said:
Embarrasing beyond belief.
Hi ahole, I mean chuck.....
I see you resurrected your old photo from when you were einstein.

Last edited:
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating
the landing of a Delta B-767 on an active taxiway at Atlanta
Hartsfield International Airport (ATL).

According to preliminary information received from several
sources, on Monday, October 19, 2009, at 6:05 a.m. EDT, a
Boeing B767-332ER (N185DN) operating as Delta Air Lines
flight 60 from Rio de Janeiro to Atlanta landed on taxiway M
at ATL after being cleared to land on runway 27R. No
injuries to any of the 182 passengers or 11 crewmembers were
reported.

A check airman was on the flight deck along with the captain
and first officer. During cruise flight, the check airman
became ill and was relocated to the cabin for the remainder
of the flight. A medical emergency was declared and the
company was notified by the crew. A determination was made
to land at the scheduled destination of ATL.

The flight was cleared to land on runway 27R but instead
landed on taxiway M, which is situated immediately to the
north and parallel to runway 27R. The runway lights for 27R
were illuminated; the localizer and approach lights for 27R
were not turned on. Taxiway M was active but was clear of
aircraft and ground vehicles at the time the aircraft
landed. The wind was calm with 10 miles visibility.
Night/dark conditions prevailed; twilight conditions began
at about 7:20 a.m. EDT and the official sunrise was at 7:46
a.m. EDT.

A team of four from the NTSB, led by David Helson, is
investigating the incident.

The issue of runway safety has been on the NTSB's Most
Wanted List of Safety Improvements since its inception in
1990. Information on the NTSB's work on runway safety is
available at http://www.ntsb.gov/Recs/mostwanted/runways.htm

##

NTSB Media Contact: Peter Knudson

[email protected]

(202) 314-6100

My problem with the double breasted suit is that you have to button the jacket or it looks stupid. With a regular blazer, you don't have to walk around with it buttoned up all the time. But then again, 2 Delta pilots were just given a second chance at life. So I guess, there are bigger issues than wearing double-breasted suits. We now have to make sure all Delta pilots are aware of the differences between white and blue lights, and how to properly identify runway markings vs. taxiway markings. The skill and credibility of the pilots at Delta are eroding away very quickly. Where are the Sulley's at Delta? I guess Cactus has all the heroes.

Really? One guy out of 12000+ and "the credibility of the pilots at Delta are eroding away"? How about at mesaba when guys do donuts on the ramp to transfer fuel...wrong airports(BTL)....and yup on taxi ways in MQT....I have many stories from Mesaba to add but won't. Point being, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

BTW you seem to like to bash Delta a lot...point fingers at Delta for all that is wrong and for whats happening to Mesaba....so why does it say on the seniority list "do you want to flow to Delta? Yes! Why don't you show everyone and change it to NO?

Really? One guy out of 12000+ and "the credibility of the pilots at Delta are eroding away"? How about at mesaba when guys do donuts on the ramp to transfer fuel...wrong airports(BTL)....and yup on taxi ways in MQT....I have many stories from Mesaba to add but won't. Point being, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

BTW you seem to like to bash Delta a lot...point fingers at Delta for all that is wrong and for whats happening to Mesaba....so why does it say on the seniority list "do you want to flow to Delta? Yes! Why don't you show everyone and change it to NO?
Are you Captain America? He was blacklisted at SWA but DAL hired him.

Latest resources

Back