• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CS Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a much better reaction than the FX guys when they got their pay increase. The FX guys didn't seem satisfied on that particular day.

Well CS has worked through a few issues that are still in front of FX like rolling rest. Also if you take daily rates you will find that the FX raise still doesnt come close to NJ and now even CS payrates. But overall everybody is on the upswing which is something I thought I would never see in aviation. CS still has a long way to go in the issues of vacation, sick time, crew meals, and other things

What nobody mentioned is that the email announcing the payscales also said that soon we will be going to more start days including some weekend start days which have never been used in the past. Also the email kinda talked about new schedules but said 7/7 would remain the default with new schedules being bid on through the new seniority system as they become available. Only reason I mention this is if the new schedules dont pay appropriately they could go junior and new hires who thought they would be working 7/7 could end up on some crazy schedule.

Well CS has worked through a few issues that are still in front of FX like rolling rest. Also if you take daily rates you will find that the FX raise still doesnt come close to NJ and now even CS payrates. But overall everybody is on the upswing which is something I thought I would never see in aviation. CS still has a long way to go in the issues of vacation, sick time, crew meals, and other things

What nobody mentioned is that the email announcing the payscales also said that soon we will be going to more start days including some weekend start days which have never been used in the past. Also the email kinda talked about new schedules but said 7/7 would remain the default with new schedules being bid on through the new seniority system as they become available. Only reason I mention this is if the new schedules dont pay appropriately they could go junior and new hires who thought they would be working 7/7 could end up on some crazy schedule.

I suppose management will always take the viewpoint that nothing is for free - if you get higher pay you will need to be more productive and work for it... Not surprising.

I'd love to hear some XOJet and Flexjet perspectives as well. The CS guys seem positive and excited for good reason (although some areas could still improve - those will be saved for the next round of negotiations in a few years).

It seems your payscale is very close to ours at Flexjet. The difference obviously being you work a few less days. I would have to say that now that pay seems to be on par for time being, it's time to get some real rest rules in this industry. I understand NJ has pretty good rest rules but, I'm talking about 135 regs here. Hopefully this will be looked at soon by the FAA.

Yes, however not all 14 hours are spent in the airplane or at the airport all the time. Some of the time can be spent at the hotel on "hotel reserve" either before or after an active flight. This duty counts toward your 14 hours. They do this so they can call you to let you know the plan has changed. Once your rest begins, they can not call you until you start duty the next period.

XTW

Is it common place to put in a 14 hour day, everyday of your 7 day duty period?

Yes and No.
You duty day (or available work day) will always be around 14 hours, however, it is not uncommon to spend some of that time in the hotel. The company typically wants to maximize what they have available to them, but will not always use all of it. If they put you in complete rest after 7 hours then they can't use you for at least 10 hours later, so must will just keep the extra 7 hours available (14hr duty day) by keeping you on some sort of reserve status in the hotel.

Yes, however not all 14 hours are spent in the airplane or at the airport all the time. Some of the time can be spent at the hotel on "hotel reserve" either before or after an active flight. This duty counts toward your 14 hours. They do this so they can call you to let you know the plan has changed. Once your rest begins, they can not call you until you start duty the next period.

XTW

Dang XTW, I was typing while you were typing. I hate when that happens. Seems like you type much faster than I do. This one finger system doesn't work that well.

I disagree with the previous two posters. May just have to do with fleet, but I am in the XL which is considered a hard working fleet.

I may have 3 days a tour that are greater than 12 hours. Not much more than that. I'd say right around 11 to 12 hours is the norm.

Latest resources

Back