• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CS Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Wilbur just rolled over in the grave, never thought I would hear anything like that from Humphrey......WOW.

I see I'm not the only one who is amazed. Nice change, huh? As one whose posts were frequently blasted for suggesting that frac pilots could raise the industry bar by working together, I'd like to say that vindication is sweet, but not nearly as rewarding as seeing hard work by 1108 volunteers (my family among them) pay off for so many frac families. Congrats to the CS pilots on their well-deserved raise. :)

In the spirit of a true community, I think it's great to see concern for those frac pilots and families that (so far) are being left behind. :mad: I do think that some pressure will be brought to bear from raising the bar at NJA and CS. The legitimate calls for parity will now be more difficult to ignore and those demanding fairness will be encouraged to continue the good fight against sub-par wages and work rules. NJW

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

So how do the meals work at CS? Don't think that was ever answered.

So how do the meals work at CS? Don't think that was ever answered.

Crew Meals cost $10.00. We pay the entire amount and expense it less $10.00. Sometimes they are worth the ten dollars and other times they are not.

I see I'm not the only one who is amazed. Nice change, huh? As one whose posts were frequently blasted for suggesting that frac pilots could raise the industry bar by working together, I'd like to say that vindication is sweet, but not nearly as rewarding as seeing hard work by 1108 volunteers (my family among them) pay off for so many frac families. Congrats to the CS pilots on their well-deserved raise. :)

In the spirit of a true community, I think it's great to see concern for those frac pilots and families that (so far) are being left behind. :mad: I do think that some pressure will be brought to bear from raising the bar at NJA and CS. The legitimate calls for parity will now be more difficult to ignore and those demanding fairness will be encouraged to continue the good fight against sub-par wages and work rules. NJW

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

Hasn't it been established previously that your "family" is receiving a stipend for "volunteering" for the union?

NOBODY is ever compensated if they are volunteering. Volunteering is done above and beyond the normal paycheck.

If your family is being paid because of time lost flying, then they are working for the union and taking time away from producing revenue for NetJets., which is what he was hired to to.

After getting burned by the union at American, you still beat the union drum expecting different results.

B19,

Re-read my post about compensation for the "volunteers." The volunteers do NOT get ANY money from 1108. The ELECTED union officials do get compensated from the pilots for OT lost because they do not get the chance to earn that while on flight duty (although they put in more hours than I do).

The amount is by no means outrageous and IMHO, is well earned. The 1108 leaders are worth every nickel I have paid to them.

B19,

Re-read my post about compensation for the "volunteers." The volunteers do NOT get ANY money from 1108. The ELECTED union officials do get compensated from the pilots for OT lost because they do not get the chance to earn that while on flight duty (although they put in more hours than I do).

The amount is by no means outrageous and IMHO, is well earned. The 1108 leaders are worth every nickel I have paid to them.

Oh no... that's not what NJW posted earlier. Her husband recieves a stipend to make up for the time her husband spends as a "volunteer" because of lost flying time.

You see, it's more important to "volunteer" for 1108 than work for the company that hired him to fly and produce revenue for the company.

Things like this are why I find unions impossible. Unions are a business within a business that pulls way from the mission of the business.

No excuse for it.

B19,

Without Union volunteerism, the union work doesn't get done. By far, the majrity of union volunteers work way more than they get credit for. The sad part is the few that give the majority a bad rap. At my previous employer, some, and very few, slugs at best, would drop a 3 or 4 day trip, to do union work. The volunteer would get paid for the trip by the company, which the union would reimburse the company for plus a 30-40% additive for beneits. Now here is where the sleeziness comes in. Those few would do one day of union work, make themselves availible for OT (double pay), and work on the other two days they dropped for union work. This was verifiable through schedules and it happenned. That is where a union has to police itself against abuses such as this. If your fellow pilots, through their dues money, pays for you to do union work, by golly you owe it to them to work at least as much as you would have worked if you didn't volunteer.

Latest resources

Back