• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ-1000 for Skywest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe with 100-seaters, DAL can start yet another successful airline-within-an-airline like Song or Express, that were each so successful. Before the "they had the highest loads" type of comments, ask yourself this: why scuttle money making businesses for those that do not? Don't kid yourself, the AWAA operations don't work...

Its not a 100% override. Its an over block override. This means that if you go over block you get paid the extra percentage on the time over block only.

Wrong... Read your pay packet. If you don't work for us and don't have one, then SHUT THE F UP!!

Oh.. I'm by no means a SkyWest Kool Aid drinker, but I did just get off a trip where my total pay was $1850 for the 4 day. Third one this month, all on top of my minimum pay. Yep... a $9700 month at a regional.

I'm not saying its right, but I'm not going to complain right now. This might be the norm for some people, but it is a first for me. I'm pretty happy... gonna go pay my bar tab now :).

Let the flaming begin! Whiners unite!

Last edited:
Not throwing rocks at the hornets nest but how exactly does the override work?

I have just realized my last post was immature and pretty dumb. Just got back from the trip, I'm pretty stoked about it.

The override works by adding a percentage of your block time to your total credit. Forgive me but I forget the number. I think it is around 5% this year with increases every year. I think 2010 (in three years) it will be 8%.
If you fly the 70 or 90, you get paid 105% of your hourly pay for every hour you fly. For a 2nd year RJ Capt. It works out to just about $62 ish dollars an hour, compared to $58 for the 50 seater. Airlinepilotcentral has done the math for the payscales listed on their website.

I'll gladly take more money, but it all goes back to SkyWest screwing our Brasilia guys. It doesn't make me happy.

As far as CRJ 1000's. Has anybody looked at SkyWest's 100 seat pay scale? I don't think it is too bad ($94/hr year 1 Capt.). Could be better, but it definitally won't be the 70 seat block hour override pay. All my numbers aren't 100% accurate though... I just woke up and I am too lazy to go look at my company manual.

I have just realized my last post was immature and pretty dumb. Just got back from the trip, I'm pretty stoked about it.

The override works by adding a percentage of your block time to your total credit. Forgive me but I forget the number. I think it is around 5% this year with increases every year. I think 2010 (in three years) it will be 8%.
If you fly the 70 or 90, you get paid 105% of your hourly pay for every hour you fly. For a 2nd year RJ Capt. It works out to just about $62 ish dollars an hour, compared to $58 for the 50 seater. Airlinepilotcentral has done the math for the payscales listed on their website.

I'll gladly take more money, but it all goes back to SkyWest screwing our Brasilia guys. It doesn't make me happy.

As far as CRJ 1000's. Has anybody looked at SkyWest's 100 seat pay scale? I don't think it is too bad ($94/hr year 1 Capt.). Could be better, but it definitally won't be the 70 seat block hour override pay. All my numbers aren't 100% accurate though... I just woke up and I am too lazy to go look at my company manual.

Don't forget about all the RJ guys getting screwed when the 700 and or 900's overnight in our domicile, but we aren't allowed to bid them.

ZERO chance. None.
About the same chance of you ever getting hired out of ASA, huh AG??

The smallest plane mainline is going to end up with is a 737. Period.
You know that for sure?? Being under Brian's desk qualify you for that information?? I bet they tell you a lot in management school while you polish up your knee pads!

You little girls already let that horse out of the barn while money grabbing for yourselves....how has that worked out for ya' so far?
Well, lets see, we're flying for DL, and YOU'RE still at ASA, probably forever!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If nothing else AG, you're as predictive as stupid, jackass!

Ahh, The General.... Enduring proof that Delta's psych eval needs a bit of tweaking. Tell me, General, does it make you feel better about yourself to spit on the little guy, or do you just feel the need to piss on everyone other than Delta. Believe me, as an ASA guy, I really have no particular respect for the way Skywest does business. However, I'll stand with any Skywest guy any day against your pompous, self-important, lunatic ravings. Most of us grew out of our bully stage somewhere in high school and then grew up to regret the way we used to belittle other people. You, on the other hand, still seem to have the mentality of a pimple-faced 16 year old boy looking for someone just a little more awkward than himself to pick on in the hope that the cool kid may, just may, throw him a bone. You really are a pathetic excuse for a human being. Honestly, man, you need to give that self-proclaimed "hot wife" of yours some BJ lessons because you, my man, are one uptight ass.

Man alive, you are hillarious. There is nothing you guys can say that can touch me. Pathetic excuse for a human being? Wow, that really made me sad. And, I love your last sentence. Hillarious. Really, it made me laugh. Thanks for that. Gotta go to the Carribbean tomorrow. See ya.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not that I need to defend Skywest, but I just feel the need to call out a hypocrite. I recall a few months back when jinny lee voted in his pay cut, but defended it by saying that he would be making more because he would be able to upgrade.

Nice!

What a dork!

Is it about growth or isn't it jinny.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other, but you are a hypocrite.

What you are not understanding is that we were 2 weeks from NOT paying our payroll. We were in a corner, and only the people in the dark voted NO on the agreement. We did allow some larger RJs, but we are getting rid of many 50 seaters, including a deal coming up that will make all mainliners cheer. But, you haven't even heard about the new orders we have coming, or the 500 guys that will be hired here this year. I can almost hold 737-800 captain, and I will bid that after I get a little bit of INTL experience so I can have some when I go to the 787 left seat. (yeah, you will hear about that order soon too) Oh, and here is an article about how we are doing now:

Delta Returns to Trading
With Strong Balance Sheet

By THOMAS G. DONLAN
May 13, 2007

Pilots often say that any landing you walk away from is a good landing. By that standard, Delta Air Lines made a good landing into bankruptcy in 2005, for the company walked away from the wreckage and spread its wings for a new take-off this month.
Not so the old shareholders, who were wiped out. The 400 million new shares that opened for trading on the New York Stock Exchange May 3 were issued to former Delta unsecured creditors, employees, managers and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
Trading under the old ticker symbol, DAL, the shares finished last week at about $19. Over the next two quarters, however, the company should do well enough to justify a price closer to $25. Looking further ahead, two Morgan Stanley analysts may well be right when they say "buy on material weakness," and project a share price of $27 to $29.
Delta shed about $13 billion of debt and lease obligations, 6,000 people and 82 planes during its bankruptcy-law proceedings. It now has one of the stronger balance sheets in the industry. And it is looking to grow primarily on international routes, which can be more profitable than domestic business. Moreover, there's a general uptrend in the airline industry and summer is always its best period.
But Delta and all airlines are risky investments, highly vulnerable to slumps, terrorism, fuel-price increases and overcapacity. They face intense competition on key routes. They do well in good times and atrociously in bad times.
Delta's operating losses hit $3.3 billion in 2004 and $2 billion in 2005, before an operating profit of $58 million in 2006. For 2007, Delta projects a pretax profit of about $800 million -- about $2 a new share, meaning the shares are trading for about 10 times 2007 earnings.
Thomas G. Donlan is a staff writer at Barron's magazine, available online at www.barrons.com.

Tootles, and have fun in Bakersfield.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just like you pounded Air Tran? It was all of your yes votes on TA's giving up scope that allowed this to happen. (Those TA's also screwed your Furloughs longer, but that is another matter..)

Did you know our bottom furlough got over $100,000 in the equity claim sale, and will get some more from the pension drop? He also had free Cobra for years and saw 2300 Captains leave for their own pension reasons, getting him back sooner than he probably would have without that happening. And, the BK did one thing that did hurt Airtran, and that is the new terminal in ATL was never built for them because there was a chance we weren't going to make it out of BK. Well guess what? We have come out a lot stronger (look at article in post above) and they still don't have enough gates to get a lot bigger in ATL. It is just the truth. Now they are looking for other places to put all of the planes they will be getting, resulting in the attempt to buy Midwest. What will they do if they can't close that deal? Where will they put all of those planes? They had 80 737-700s coming in 5 years. ATL is full now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

After BILLIONS in losses, THOUSANDS of layoffs and severe cuts in SALARIES and BENEFITS. Delta JUST came out of bankruptcy... don't get cocky yet!

Read the above article. I think we went through a lot of pain and now we are a lot stronger. And, most of us pilots got huge checks and our 401Ks have been filled for last year and this year, along with another check coming soon for our pension drop. Even the retired guys got a claim in BK, and will get some money back that they had thought they lost forever. Nope. Also, all of the pilots that wanted to come back are back, and we are hiring, maybe up to 500 this year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back