CRJ-1000 for Skywest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coloaviator

I was just at Barnes and Nobles checking out the the newest issue of Airliners magazine. There was an article in it about Skywest and JA wanting to start a Skywest brand of flying with CRJ-1000's. The article mentioned he is very interested in how ExpressJet is doing or does and starting an operation similar to it with the CRJ-1000. It said this would alllow them to diversify their operation. Sounds crazy to me!!

In the article Jerry didn't specify that SkyWest would use the CRJ 1000, just a 100 seater. Starting a LCC is something that SkyWest management has looked at for a long time. I think they are constantly seeking new business models since as most of us know the regional airline model is rapidly changing.

I was just at Barnes and Nobles checking out the the newest issue of Airliners magazine. There was an article in it about Skywest and JA wanting to start a Skywest brand of flying with CRJ-1000's. The article mentioned he is very interested in how ExpressJet is doing or does and starting an operation similar to it with the CRJ-1000. It said this would alllow them to diversify their operation. Sounds crazy to me!!
That's pretty much what jerry told my class a few weeks ago. He said that they have looked at the CRJ-1000 and possible uses for it. He said there is no plan to buy them, just seeing what options are out there.

I will go ahead and get it out of the way, It Wont Work!! Look at FLYI!!;) Just thought i would throw that out there since we at XJT have heard it enough!!:nuts:

That plane is a joke (so is the 900). Nothing like 100 people standing around a snowy ramp waiting for their valet checked bags.

yeah, I can see the RJ-1000s at SkyWest. Since you'll never get a split payscale out of Jerry and Co., I imaging the bull*hit override will be another 1% on top of the weak RJ-700 override. Whoopideedoo!!! Maybe they'll use them at their new ATL base for DL! Let the continued marginalization of ASA continue!!!

That plane is a joke (so is the 900). Nothing like 100 people standing around a snowy ramp waiting for their valet checked bags.

The B1900 is much better. You can't take a leak or a drink. The best thing about it is you're the fo and fa at the same time. I guess your so busy doing double duty you've never seen a jetway hooked up to a 200/700/900 before.

Last edited:
whats the difference from the 900...is the 1000 longer?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back