• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ-1000 for Skywest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ZERO chance. None. The smallest plane mainline is going to end up with is a 737. Period. You little girls already let that horse out of the barn while money grabbing for yourselves....how has that worked out for ya' so far?

Really? Not likely. Whitehurst, our COO, loves the EMB-190/195, and they have also been talking to another manufacturer about their 100 seater. Apparently according to our VP of Flight OPs Steve Dickson, we have several things on our plate now including: 1. Getting a new CEO 2. Building up JFK 3. Getting a 100 seater 4. Building up LAX.

I heard that from him directly. So, I think you are wrong. Hey, I love those CR9s you fly here in ATL. Right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe with 100-seaters, DAL can start yet another successful airline-within-an-airline like Song or Express, that were each so successful. Before the "they had the highest loads" type of comments, ask yourself this: why scuttle money making businesses for those that do not? Don't kid yourself, the AWAA operations don't work...

No, we will likely put those 100 seaters to use back in SLC, and take back a lot of the Montana flying from YOU GUYS. And, I can't wait to see Expressjet in SLC when I fly in there. Maybe I will ride one of their E145XRs to FCA too. (they will have 3 daily flights from SLC in July) Good times.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General: What is the deal that will make the mainline'ers cheer?

I'm hearing weird rumors from the ASA soon to be Delta managers that ASA will go back to Delta and then dump the 50's for something else. Parts of the deal don't make sense, so I will not repeat them futher. But it appears ASA might be in for some changes, maybe some good changes, but not sure if the pilots are included.

There is more talk of the ASA name going away and ASA being a conduit to big D.

General: What is the deal that will make the mainline'ers cheer?

I'm hearing weird rumors from the ASA soon to be Delta managers that ASA will go back to Delta and then dump the 50's for something else. Parts of the deal don't make sense, so I will not repeat them futher. But it appears ASA might be in for some changes, maybe some good changes, but not sure if the pilots are included.

There is more talk of the ASA name going away and ASA being a conduit to big D.

I wonder as well Fins. There have been some good rumors that do make some sense in how things have progressed or have been perceived. I've talked with too many Delta guys that state the company is not getting out the small lift business. However, if the writing we all see on the wall about a pilot shortage is the same writing Big D guys see, a likely source of pilots would be a feeder company. I doubt they are worrying about that just yet though. If that is the case however, it blows the rationale for parting out Comair.

You know that for sure?? Being under Brian's desk qualify you for that information?? I bet they tell you a lot in management school while you polish up your knee pads!

The ever so typical reference to gay oral sex......
Were you raped in high school?

The ever so typical reference to gay oral sex......
Were you raped in high school?

Does your mom count??

CFIT said:
airhead42,

Time to change your tampon and pop some Midol, easy there, you might get a criminal record for domestic violence against your boyfriend.

If that happens you'll never get hired at SkyWest.
;)
The head fag speaks!

What you are not understanding is that we were 2 weeks from NOT paying our payroll. We were in a corner, and only the people in the dark voted NO on the agreement. We did allow some larger RJs, but we are getting rid of many 50 seaters, including a deal coming up that will make all mainliners cheer. But, you haven't even heard about the new orders we have coming, or the 500 guys that will be hired here this year. I can almost hold 737-800 captain, and I will bid that after I get a little bit of INTL experience so I can have some when I go to the 787 left seat. (yeah, you will hear about that order soon too) Oh, and here is an article about how we are doing now:

Delta Returns to Trading
With Strong Balance Sheet

By THOMAS G. DONLAN
May 13, 2007

Pilots often say that any landing you walk away from is a good landing. By that standard, Delta Air Lines made a good landing into bankruptcy in 2005, for the company walked away from the wreckage and spread its wings for a new take-off this month.
Not so the old shareholders, who were wiped out. The 400 million new shares that opened for trading on the New York Stock Exchange May 3 were issued to former Delta unsecured creditors, employees, managers and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
Trading under the old ticker symbol, DAL, the shares finished last week at about $19. Over the next two quarters, however, the company should do well enough to justify a price closer to $25. Looking further ahead, two Morgan Stanley analysts may well be right when they say "buy on material weakness," and project a share price of $27 to $29.
Delta shed about $13 billion of debt and lease obligations, 6,000 people and 82 planes during its bankruptcy-law proceedings. It now has one of the stronger balance sheets in the industry. And it is looking to grow primarily on international routes, which can be more profitable than domestic business. Moreover, there's a general uptrend in the airline industry and summer is always its best period.
But Delta and all airlines are risky investments, highly vulnerable to slumps, terrorism, fuel-price increases and overcapacity. They face intense competition on key routes. They do well in good times and atrociously in bad times.
Delta's operating losses hit $3.3 billion in 2004 and $2 billion in 2005, before an operating profit of $58 million in 2006. For 2007, Delta projects a pretax profit of about $800 million -- about $2 a new share, meaning the shares are trading for about 10 times 2007 earnings.
Thomas G. Donlan is a staff writer at Barron's magazine, available online at www.barrons.com.

Tootles, and have fun in Bakersfield.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is exactly what I am talking about. I understand that you were in a tight spot. But the fact is you took a pay cut and allowed for bigger RJs and then justify it by saying "look at all of our new airplanes. I get to sit in the left seat of a big shiney new airplane. Look at me I am captain. I make more money now. I am soooooo cooool."

How big were the executive bonuses?

If Delta does it, it's great. If done by anyone else, they are a bunch of losers right?

Does your mom count??

;)
The head fag speaks!

Haha this is so retarded yet amusing to watch grown men bash each other like 10th graders anonamously through a web board. 737, you seem like you've been at Delta for a while so I'm assuming you are at least 35, mabye 45, who knows?

However, CFIT, MELIT and HelloNewFag are tools....so bash away. :p

That is exactly what I am talking about. I understand that you were in a tight spot. But the fact is you took a pay cut and allowed for bigger RJs and then justify it by saying "look at all of our new airplanes. I get to sit in the left seat of a big shiney new airplane. Look at me I am captain. I make more money now. I am soooooo cooool."

How big were the executive bonuses?

If Delta does it, it's great. If done by anyone else, they are a bunch of losers right?

We allowed an extra 6 seats total, for planes that could hold another 16. We added a first class cabin to planes that needed it. If our best customers HAVE TO fly on an RJ, it hopefully has larger seats and more room to work. They are limited in numbers, and tied to growth at mainline, but also are being traded one for one with 50 seaters. Your smaller RJs are going away and you are not growing in numbers, rather a few seats per airplane that are needed to sway our best customers. (it also gives me a better chance to nonrev if needed)

How were the executive bonuses you ask? Not as good compared to other companies. Our management team only got 2.6% of the new company stock (that is for the top 1200 managers, and United got 8% and NWA got 5.6%), and Grinstein gave away all of his bonus to 2 funds---the Delta employee scholorship fund and an emergency fund for employees in need. That was nice of him, right?

Overall we had a plan to get DL on the right track again, and that included a few more seats and a first class option on some RJs, and getting rid of debt while getting leaner. We did a great job getting through BK and we are stronger for it, and we will grow with more mainline planes and less RJs in the future.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back