Crew Sched called 8 times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mamba20 said:
Not sure what airline we are talking about, but mine has done that several times in the past weeks. I once was called 9 times in about 15 hours. Screw em! Hire more FO's!!!!

Man, that's pretty much OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) on their part. I understand Eagle is having a very hard time finding FO's as well. I wonder if supply and demand is slowly taking care of things at regionals,.. ie. no one wants to work for $20/k yr. without a snowballs chance of going on to a major and a decade in the right seat?

Just remember guys that they cannot notify you of anything other than where you are parking when you call in range in ATL, it is not in the SP's that it is not appropriate to talk about anything unneccesary until parked at the gate.

This being said, you should only call in range

DO NOT CALL ON THE GROUND to confirm.

Call times with one call repeat the flight number twice and say good day, SPEAKER OFF

If you do get a call sked message from ops, you always can use, the "this is the captain/FO, the FO/CP is gone to catch a flight"

September should have relief since the reduction of lines, and training getting people out.

Medeco

Has anyone been tagged with a "contact Scheduling" message with the new electronic check-in?

I wasn't too crazy about the idea of compuerized check-in for exactly that reason. Seems like scheduling can just put a message there whenever they remember it, making it that much harder to duck them.

Just curious if they've figured out how to tag people with the new system yet.

Oh, and on the subject of telling Scheduling that you've been drinking if they try to JM you on a day off, I flew with a Captain who did that. When they couldn't assign him the trip they had in mind they simply JM'ed him for a trip that dutied in 12 hours later, so he still got screwed. Just don't answer the phone!

Last edited:
:cool:Step AWAY from the PHONE!!!
...I wasn't looking at his neck.....I wasn't looking at his neck...(Gun Shot and feathers out the window!):D

I certainly hope that your complaints will end when Skywest, Inc. is in charge. Those kinds of things usually don't happen around here. I can't say never because there have been lean times, but it's definately not the norm. Hopefully the "best practices" will solve these problems.

I would really like to emphasize the fact that you are now part of a company that is driven by its employees being on the frontline of making money for the company. I sure hope our new ASA counterparts will be part of our performance rewards. The more money the airline makes and the better it performs operationally, the bigger our quarterly checks are.

I realize the ASA culture is to be wary of what management might do to you next, but please, as the transition takes place, try to quell some of those feelings. I for one look forward to the contribution ASA can make to the bottom line and hope you'll see how good things can be at an airline that is run the way it should be. I'm not saying Skywest is perfect, but we run a pretty good airline here. Please don't take that as being arrogant, I just love my job and the company that gave it to me.

I'll admit, I'm a company man, but the more I do to make the company succeed at its mission, the better my life will be. It's my part to play. It's not mine to sit back and expect the company to provide for all my needs without some sacrifice here or there.

shamrock said:
Has anyone been tagged with a "contact Scheduling" message with the new electronic check-in?

I wasn't too crazy about the idea of compuerized check-in for exactly that reason. Seems like scheduling can just put a message there whenever they remember it, making it that much harder to duck them.

Just curious if they've figured out how to tag people with the new system yet.

Oh, and on the subject of telling Scheduling that you've been drinking if they try to JM you on a day off, I flew with a Captain who did that. When they couldn't assign him the trip they had in mind they simply JM'ed him for a trip that dutied in 12 hours later, so he still got screwed. Just don't answer the phone!

Some antihistamines and allergy medications ground you for extended periods.

www.aviationmedicine.com

ClearRight said:
I certainly hope that your complaints will end when Skywest, Inc. is in charge. Those kinds of things usually don't happen around here. I can't say never because there have been lean times, but it's definately not the norm. Hopefully the "best practices" will solve these problems.

I would really like to emphasize the fact that you are now part of a company that is driven by its employees being on the frontline of making money for the company. I sure hope our new ASA counterparts will be part of our performance rewards. The more money the airline makes and the better it performs operationally, the bigger our quarterly checks are.

I realize the ASA culture is to be wary of what management might do to you next, but please, as the transition takes place, try to quell some of those feelings. I for one look forward to the contribution ASA can make to the bottom line and hope you'll see how good things can be at an airline that is run the way it should be. I'm not saying Skywest is perfect, but we run a pretty good airline here. Please don't take that as being arrogant, I just love my job and the company that gave it to me.

I'll admit, I'm a company man, but the more I do to make the company succeed at its mission, the better my life will be. It's my part to play. It's not mine to sit back and expect the company to provide for all my needs without some sacrifice here or there.

Thats a good outlook, and I wish we at ASA had an outlook like that, instead of mistrust and a combative relatioship with management......but that is how thay choose it to be. The biggest reason those things you mention WONT happen for the ASA group is Skywest chooses to keep ASA managed by current management!!! What a mistake! This is the largest group of inept, backward thinking boob$ I have ever seen in my life! They have zero skills in employee or cusomer relations. Skywest needs to clean house, and bring the Skywest style of management to the ASA side. Clean up the attitudes of the ramp/gate, improve morale with the pilots and FA's ----- and hey, then were with you! I cant see the SkW guys coming to ATL and not laughing their collective a$$es off. Hopefully that will change things!

:cool:79%...AMEN BROTHER! I hope like he!! they clean house at the G.O. I am sick and tired of the back-ASS-wards thinking these friggin hillbillies do over there! Time to move onto bigger and better things. Start with making the employees happy and you just might see something special start happening around this MO FO!!
Fly Safe!

Forced over time is illegal

Just remember the best way to get out of junior manning is to just say NO. I am unavailable. When Chief pilot, scheduler or who ever blows there stack, just ask them to repeat for the tape that, just so you understand it correctly for your attorney, that you are being forced to work over time on you scheduled time off and that you will receive punitive consequences if you do not? If they say yes, work the trip, have the tape pulled and sue away......either through a pro bono labor attorney or your union. OVERTIME IS VOLUNTARY.....FORCED OVERTIME IS ILLEGAL. Your company should know this!!!

Everytime I pull this stunt it works.

Latest resources

Back