Crappy Pay Offered At Nja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FamilyGuy said:
I ignored it? No. I pointed out that LA and NY is not a good comparison since less than 5% of NJ pilots have that as their gateway....

You've apparently chosen to ignore that fact.
Asked and answered. Read it again.

You've also chosen to ignore the fact that using NATIONAL AVERAGES NetJets pilots make more than High School Teachers, Fire Fighters, Highway Patrol Officers, Police Patrol Officers, and Police Sergeants.
This just proves that you don't actually read the posts you reply to.

Now, since NetJets pilots can and do live all over the country (95+% live outside of NY and LA) then give me a good reason why you wouldnt compare wages against the national average?
Because we don't all live in CMH.

I have to go comfort my wife now, who's a little freaked out about the JetBlue thing. The wife and baby of a man she works with were on that flight.

Ultra Grump,

All well written, yet overly emotional response, hopefully Family Guy will not fall victim to the same emotions.

It's time to call a spade a spade and for the company to truly make a good faith final offer. One that doesn't ask an F/O to wait five years before s/he has pay parity to a CSR fulfilling a psuedo flight attendant role.

I blame both sides.

Walking out on negotiations went out with junk bond trading in the 1980's. We live in a faster paced society now with high commitment and low margin of error.

The company needs to make an offer that will end the frustrations that are being felt now and allow the company to heal quickly.

We need to be treated with respect and we all need to start showing respect in kind.

NJACMH said:
Sorry, but I am not troll or family guy.

I just would like to know how you guys can sit back and complain about a company that is supporting a wage for you?

Whenever I don't like a company or need a change. I take my credientials and experience and leave for a greener pasture.

I see so many here who tell others not to come here, but they are probably the ones who will jump the fence and still want to work once the strike happens.

I don't care who you are or what profession your are in. If you don't like it get the he?? out.

This company is going to run so much better once the union is gone and we have employees who want to work.

AMEN!

If you're so miserable, then leave. You'll do us all a favor. If you want to strike, then strike. Personally I hope we fire all of you that do so we can weed out these hardcore crybaby minorities that break everything they touch because they hate everything in life and take the hardworkers that made this country what it is today for granted. Now kiss my AVATAR and STFD.

Last edited:
Totally uncalled for..we have people who have kids in college and mortgage payments to make, who are now paying $3.00 a gallon for gas to drive hundreds of miles to sit in crew rot.

Those same people were promised "kick-ass pay" by both sides of negotiations years ago and are now getting extremely frustrated.

I only ask for some professional integrity on both sides of the argument.

Hawkered said:
Totally uncalled for..we have people who have kids in college and mortgage payments to make, who are now paying $3.00 a gallon for gas to drive hundreds of miles to sit in crew rot.

Those same people were promised "kick-ass pay" by both sides of negotiations years ago and are now getting extremely frustrated.

I only ask for some professional integrity on both sides of the argument.

Agreed Hawkered. We are long overdue to treat each other with respect and professional integrity. Hopefully both sides can see their way to an amicable resolution in the near future.

Ultra Grump said:
You were perfectly happy to rely on that less "comprehensive and accurate data" when it suited you, though, weren't you?

Not at all. I believe airlinepilotpay.com will yield much more accurate and comprehensive data.

I replied using your source since it is far more effective to prove my point with your source.

Your source clearly shows that NJ pilots national avg wage is superior to the other professions national wages.

Ultra Grump said:
Depends when it was written. You have to remember that we've been in negotiations for 4 years. The majority of our pilots are 5th year pay and less. So if it were written 2 years ago, it was accurate. I didn't write it, and haven't seen it, so I can't answer that. Probably needs to be updated.

FamilyGuy said:
Item #3 is on the IBT1108 website....How long has that been around?

Seems pretty recent to me....

Hey Grump...on further reflection it occured to me that one of your main points is that the pilot group has worked since 1998 without a raise.

If this is accurate, then would it matter when this was written? 4 years ago, 2 years ago, last week... the pay scale hasnt changed....so does it really matter when this was written?

NJACMH said:
This company is going to run so much better once the union is gone and we have employees who want to work.

Sorry, you really don't have a clue do you.

It's a union shop and the only way to get rid of the union on the property is to file for bankrupcy protection and go through the court system to try and abolish the union contract. The problem with that is-
1. Berkshire Hathaway owns us.
2. Berkshire Hathaway is a privatly owned company.
3. Berkshire Hathaway would have to open up all of the books to claim poverty to the court system.
4. Berkshire Hathaway owns NetJets which is composed of seven compainies under the NetJets name.

Think single carrier suit and that is the catch 22 of why the union will always be here.

Personally I like the rumor that Goldman Sacks wants to buy us (NJA)for $3 billion. From what I hear from an inside source management should be scared.

But WTF, the egomaniac shamtulli wants this to be a hobby. So be it; you get what you pay for.

Hawkered said:
Ultra Grump,All well written, yet overly emotional response, hopefully Family Guy will not fall victim to the same emotions.
"Overly emotional." That's funny. I'm probably the least emotional person you'd ever meet. But I pretty much agree with the rest of your post. Until the company gives us their best, last, and final offer, the rest is just wasted paper and electrons. Once they do, we'll then see the result.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back