• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crappy FBO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully, some FBO management types are looking at this thread and seeing a trend. It may be wishful thinking, but maybe they just don't realize how things look on our end. I like to thing there are people out there who actually believe in first-rate service, even if they are a monopoly. Good business is good business.

leardawg said:
Hopefully, some FBO management types are looking at this thread and seeing a trend. It may be wishful thinking, but maybe they just don't realize how things look on our end. I like to thing there are people out there who actually believe in first-rate service, even if they are a monopoly. Good business is good business.

Well, when you come visit me in the wee hours of the night, there will be no ramp fee if all I do is wave good bye to you on a quick turn. Whether the company likes it or not, I don't see the point of socking you if I don't do anything. If I gotta unload your bags, a tip will also get the ramp fee waived. I'll never tell you that, of course, but if I get a thank-you from you or the pax, it will actually save you money.

Hung Start said:
Some info on MIA.
If you DON'T need any service, just dropping off or picking up, the County has a facility with ok parking on the NW side of the field. Like I said, no fuel or services, a couple of chairs is it. But the fee for a Citation is like $40.00 bucks total.
I think they only take M/C
Hung

To add to this, Sheltair will meet you on the ramp with a fuel truck and will get you what you need (as long as you call them ahead of time). They are less than $4/gallon using some contract fuel, I think it was Phoenix? At any rate, if your pax don't mind, the ramp fees are cheap and you can get cheap gas. For some, it's better than getting screwed at Signature.

Jet Aviation -BED

I was picking pax up at Signature BED, and I waited in the parking area near Jet Aviation's ramp and they called the police on me? It's a public airport and the cop just said that I could stay there. Rediculous.

Here's a question. Do you guys and gals leave feedback on Airnav.com? I look at it if I have never been to an airport before to get a feel for the FBO we are going to. I leave feedback if the service is really good or bad. I have found a couple of tips on there that have avoided alot of pain and suffering.

Lostdog65 said:
Never had good service at any Mercury...RNO is another one. Go to Jet West at RNO...even Sierra at RNO is better!

Eric

Stopped at Jet West four years ago this August. How do I remember that? Hot f-ing wx, and crappy service. Crew car was not road-worthy, and they screwed us on the quoted fuel price. Not recommended.

C

ACK is pretty bad, and BOS is too but BOS is comparable to LGA. Without mentioning or counting FBO's that are at tiny airports run by families (who obviously do not have the means of creating pilot wonderworlds), I'd say Avitat Bangor, and Northeast Airmotive in Portland ME boil my skin the most. PWM because of the one couch and chair crew lounge with a tiny TV and barely any heat in the winter, and Avitat Bangor because I've never seen ramp agents as lazy as them first of all, and second of all, no crew car, no wireless, one old computer, they make you pay for coffee, and give you grief if you need a ride to the ground round within an hour of one of thier "arrivals". Not to mention the grumpy lady that's been there since Fenway was built...

PWM's crew lounge does suck, as does their parking, but we had pretty good luck with thier CSM's. They got us short notice catering, and the maintenance guys were right on top of an issue we had. Give em about a 6.

BOS signature has got to be the worst! I am sure accounting hates the prices! But from a pilot stand-point you have to get shuttled to your airplane if it isn't in the front row. The FBO itself is as big as my apartment. If you want to go outside you have to get a patdown to get back in. And they think they make it up by putting out a bowl of Jelly Bellys that you have to unwrap one at a time!

HZL's FBO has to be the worst I've been to yet. Pilot lounge stinks and the couch must of been pre WWII era. Table was broken, no lazy Boys. No coffee..no crew car. One man operation. I watched him fuel 2 airplanes all day. when the employee was done he would sit in the pilot lounge sprawled out on the couch. He would turn the volume up to the point of ridiculous! The phone must have rang 1/2 dozen times which he never answered! This guy has no clue what customer service is. I felt like I was in a bad episode of Seinfeld...You couldn't write better material then what I just witnessed today!

Latest resources

Back