Crappy FBO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Livermore, CA.

we stopped in there a while back, 20 minutes on the ground and a 100 dollar ramp fee. We were just going to be in and out but after getting hit up for that kind of ramp fee I made the guy actually get off his ass, get us a power cart, bag of ice and all the papers he had, we were leaving out empty by the way. I understand these fbo's have to make money, in the days of cheaper gas, one could buy a few courtesy gallons, but in today's market you can not afford to do that. I try to be respectful to the places we go, but when they start being asses about things, I can be one too.

Atlantic FBO in SDF has one of the rudest desk older hags in the country She doesnt believe freight captains deserve courtesy cars even though we are putting on 5-8000pds of fuel everytime we go there. She purposely walks away from the desk when we are looking for our flightplans or need something.

Signature pretty much sucks everywhere.

The two worst are KBOS and KMMU. We bought so much gas out of KMMU for years that you would think we would get a discount. NOPE. And they always try to sneak an EMB-145 ramp fee on us. It is about 300 bucks more.

So we moved to another FBO. We don't even have to ask for a lav service. They are good.

Why does Signature suck so badly?????

While we are Signature bashing, lets throw Signature DET in the mix. The place is loud, old, dirty, smells like a rancid popcorn oil and you stand a pretty good chance of getting shot at if you go off property. And thats during the daylight hours!!!

fokkerjet said:
How about a pirep on that place, I'm flying in there next week? Any recommendations?

Yeah. Make sure your TCAS is working and keep your eyes open. They need a tower in a big bad way. You have military jet traffic across the bay, banners being pulled along the beach right off the end of the runway, student pilots, doctors in their Bonanzas and corporate traffic trying to get in and out. It is an accident waiting to happen. I cringe every time I see DTS on the schedule.

Mercury said:
While we are Signature bashing, lets throw Signature DET in the mix. The place is loud, old, dirty, smells like a rancid popcorn oil and you stand a pretty good chance of getting shot at if you go off property. And thats during the daylight hours!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

FL350 said:
I cringe every time I see DTS on the schedule.
But it's all o.k as long as you can get Jed to the Back Porch. :D

Brett Hull said:
But it's all o.k as long as you can get Jed to the Back Porch. :D

Good try. Right field...wrong company.

Latest resources

Back