Crappy FBO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL350 said:
Miracle Strip aviation at DTS is a pretty rough place as well.

They actually built a brand new facility which opened a few months ago.

Now what the airport needs is a tower.

sleepy said:
Signature KBOS. $750 ramp fee, no service, the FBO is a trailer, the employees suck, the service sucks, the fuel is overpriced, they make you go through some stupid TSA type screening, etc.....................

ABSOLUTLY!

I got out there and the manager met me to tell me that another signature called them asking that they waive our ramp fee. He told me "this time only." I said "thanks... and can you carry this trash away." He told me that he is the boss, and that one of his ramp guys would get it. I'm sure he is fun to work for.

Let's not forget Livermore, CA.

City run, need I say more. Makes ACK look like a world class FBO.

FR8FO, why don't you like JetAviation TEB? I don't think their staff is as good as it used to be but still pretty sharp for TEB.

While I have not been there in over a year, the city run FBO at MYR was pretty bad. While I have seen some well run city owned FBO's (JQF comes to mind) this one is the typical city employee attitude. They could care less if you like it or not - kind of reminds me of EYW come to think of it...

Mercury at FAT...told my passengers, who were inadvertantly dropped there instead of Corporate, they'd have to walk back to Corp. Wouldn't even let Corp's van drive down the ramp (which they do all the time) to pick them up. Wouldn't even let them back in the FBO to make a phone call to Corp because "your plane isn't on our ramp."

Never had good service at any Mercury...RNO is another one. Go to Jet West at RNO...even Sierra at RNO is better!

Eric

I use Landmark out of INT from time to time, so far I have not had any problems. Of course, that is subject to change without prior notice...

Latest resources

Back