CR-700 Displacements at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HA!!!!

If I told you that, then I would never make it there in a semi reasonable time.

If you live in ATL ,as I do, then you have to plan on doing the concourse shuffle.

I have a duty in time of 0630 Sat. and will be leaving for the airport friday at 300pm to begin the commuter challenge.

I have a more difficult time than most because my hire date was Dec. of 2002. At least in terms of Delta direct to DFW.

In terms of jumpseating on the other airlines it depends on time of day and day of week, as to which one will have the open seats.

good luck!

question for my candler bros...

As far as the CRJ-700 displacements go, is the company actually reducing system wide 70 seater Captain positions or is this just an ATL 70 Cpt reduction?

Despite the flame baiting rumors, official word here is still 29 70 seaters for each of us. It just appears they moved a lot to DFW (and the corresponding CPT positions with them) and along with the accelerated EMB retirements this is what caused the ATL displacements (though I could be wrong).

A similar thing happened at CMR when we retired the EMB. Before that time 50 seat RJ captain went as junior as 1.5 years, but when the EMB guys came to CVG it rapidly shot up to 3.5 or more and almost caused displacements. We managed to barely avoid that situation because we had abnormaly high attrition during the strike (you know, back when EVERYONE was hiring 60 a month with no end in sight).

It seems this could be what is causing the displacements in ATL rather than some lame attempt at union bashing by management. Plus y'all retired a lot more EMB's in a much, much shorter time period than we did, which would naturally be worse when it comes to displacements.

Sound plausable? Of course, if it really is a management salvo on the ASA pilot group then I think they're in for a rude awakening. We shall see.

P

There is a company post about the reason's for this above the fax machine in DFW op's. Something about what is going in in all three aircraft (atr.cr2,cr7). I just glanced at it so I can't quote sorry.

No news is bad news . . .

When were those next preliminaries due to come out, I believe it was for October?

Any other news out there?

11 displacements off the 700 in ATL. 9 to 200 capt and 2 to 700 fo. No resultant displacements will occur, and no one displaced out of domicile. These are preliminary notices.

There were some ATL CR2 Cpts that got moved back to FO, and several DFW Emb Cpt that got moved to RJ FO due to the displacements.

bailout said:
There were some ATL CR2 Cpts that got moved back to FO, and several DFW Emb Cpt that got moved to RJ FO due to the displacements.
Those were the resultant displacements that were cancelled. On the new prelims posted yesterday (superceding the one from Monday) there were no resultant displacements.

bailout-

There have been no ATL CR2 Captain diplacements. Of the 11 CR7 Captains that were displaced on the Oct. Prelim, only 9 could hold CR2 Captain. The other 2 chose to go to CR7 FO versus AT7 CA. If the prelim holds true, no CR2 Captains will be displaced.

You are correct on the E120 diplacements; over 40 downgrades in DFW(E120 CA to CR2 FO).

Just the facts.

Latest resources

Back