Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could this be the start of the END of Southwest Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you kidding me? I got on in 96, back when SWA was still a true LCC, and when their Captains were looking everywhere to leave. Many left SWA pre-9-11 for United and other places. Back then it was known as a stepping stone to the Majors, and after your merger is complete, it may return to a stepping stone as OYS points out. Anyone on the bottom of SWA after the merger will be sitting in that seat for years and years, with a poor QOL for sure. Great pay, bad lifestyle.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Where on earth do you get your information? I have been here almost twenty years and I have not heard of one Captain leaving for any airline. And only a few FO's. But I have flown with a few FO's that left Delta for SWA over that period of time.

I swear you make this crap up. It is plainly not true. You are a hateful little man.

So you are an FO after 15 years. So you have Poor pay with a bad lifestyle. Right?

Heck no. I have a great lifestyle. I could be an MD88 Captain in ATL, or a bottom 738 Captain in NYC. Instead, I fly to places I want to fly (Rio and Paris this month), and pick up an extra greenslip (double pay) now and then. My wife makes twice what I do as an Ad Exec here in ATL. Things are great. I will bid Captain when I can be a solid line holder in ATL. That is actually looking pretty good in a couple years, when huge retirement numbers start leaving, something SWA won't see for another decade.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And as OYS stated, this thread was just a question. You can all say a big NO...... Relax a bit, don't get sooo defensive.

LUV ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Heck no. I have a great lifestyle. I could be an MD88 Captain in ATL, or a bottom 738 Captain in NYC. Instead, I fly to places I want to fly (Rio and Paris this month), and pick up an extra greenslip (double pay) now and then. My wife makes twice what I do as an Ad Exec here in ATL. Things are great. I will bid Captain when I can be a solid line holder in ATL. That is actually looking pretty good in a couple years, when huge retirement numbers start leaving, something SWA won't see for another decade.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are so full of crap. I don't believe a word of that.

Living alone in your mothers basement, likely.

Are you kidding me? I got on in 96, back when SWA was still a true LCC, and when their Captains were looking everywhere to leave. Many left SWA pre-9-11 for United and other places. Back then it was known as a stepping stone to the Majors, and after your merger is complete, it may return to a stepping stone as OYS points out. Anyone on the bottom of SWA after the merger will be sitting in that seat for years and years, with a poor QOL for sure. Great pay, bad lifestyle.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Were any pilots leaving Delta when it was only around for 20 years? Yall still had cropdusters didn't you?

BTW:

SWA 12 year FO - $147/hr

DAL 12 year B767 FO - $124/hr (ouch!)

I might not get Rio layovers, but $23/hr more says I can find some Rio food in my city. $23 x 90credit x 12mos = $24,840/year to tolerate the un-sexiness of LBB. I'm in.

BTW, I don't think LBB is un-sexy. I would take LBB/LBB 3days all month. And that would give me my 90hrs and 18days off.

To each their own. Congrats on 3Q profits.

Last edited:
Oh please.......

Your mother says your grilled cheese is ready.

I bet she still cuts it in 4 equal squares instead of straight across or diagonal. I can see it now:

The General smells burnt grilled cheese, pauses SuperMario and comes up from the basement with his orange penis (reference Cheetos), Zuba pants on, nunchucks over his shoulder, a chinese star stuck in the wall of his dark brown wood paneled dining room, a mother of pearl colored wife-beater covered by his double breasted sub commander Delta jacket, and his 15 year old FO hat on at the dinner table. In his lap as dinner is served are his two gerbils named Anderson and Grinstein.

Mom at table:

"I am sure glad your wife was drunk the night she married you. It's ironic an Accountant married someone that has stayed with a company that is financially Fu<ked-up as a football bat. Ketchup with your grilled cheese, honey? Do Anderson and Grinstein need more butter?"

Last edited:
I bet she still cuts it in 4 equal squares instead of straight across or diagonal. I can see it now:

The General with his orange penis (reference Cheetos), Zuba pants on, nunchucks over his shoulder, a chinese star stuck in the wall of his dark brown wood paneled dining room, a mother of pearl colored wife-beater covered by his double breasted sub commander Delta jacket, and his 15 year old FO hat on at the dinner table. In his lap as dinner is served are his two gerbils named Anderson and Grinstein.

Mom at table:

"I am sure glad your wife was drunk the night she married you. It's ironic an Accountant married someone that has stayed with a company that is financially Fu<ked-up as a football bat. Ketchup with your grilled cheese, honey? Do Anderson and Grinstein need more butter?"

Oh....my....GOD!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sooooo funny!!

Were any pilots leaving Delta when it was only around for 20 years? Yall still had cropdusters didn't you?

BTW:

SWA 12 year FO - $147/hr

DAL 12 year B767 FO - $124/hr (ouch!)

I might not get Rio layovers, but $23/hr more says I can find some Rio food in my city. $23 x 90credit x 12mos = $24,840/year to tolerate the un-sexiness of LBB. I'm in.

BTW, I don't think LBB is un-sexy. I would take LBB/LBB 3days all month. And that would give me my 90hrs and 18days off.

To each their own. Congrats on 3Q profits.

I thought the international guys got international override and higher per diem? And we also have the ability to move up an aircraft if you want, so maybe Lee can hold 764, A330, or 777 FO? That would narrow the gap quite a bit. I think the A330/764 pays $20 more per hour, and then add $4 an hour for the override, so that would mean he could get paid more, and see cooler
places than LBB if he wanted to. Look it up on APC. Add the gains in the next contract and it won't be close.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back