Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
My old man was a test pilot and I was never privy to the $$$ or the keys to a pitts, either way I don't think I would've topped the kid's abilities. Obviously it takes a combination of $$$ and the hands to go with it. Great going dad and son team -- post some more if you can.

J

Amish RakeFight said:
Money can only go so far. IVe seen one student try to get a PPL and after close to 100 hrs. not even be in the ballpark, but yet the family still pays for lessons..................

Maybe his family has money, but it doesnt make up for talent and skill. That video is of a very talented young person. Period. Not many could do half of what he did and with such a big happy smile all the while.

I'm sure he emulates his dad and respects him very much, otherwise he wouldnt be in that cockpit flying around like a lunatic!!!!! :beer: (I mean that in a good way!)

What I meant to say was that he had close to 100 hrs. of dual and had NOT YET SOLOED.....

There are quite a few people who do ge their PP certificate at around 100 hours....

Gosh, Dad, if he's this good at 18, be prepared to be totally eclipsed.

UndauntedFlyer said:
I would guess 90% to a Private Pilot level, 75% to Commercial Pilot level, 60% to ATP level, and 50% to an ATP airline pilot level. Now as far as aerobatics are concerned that's something totally different. I would estimate that to safely be able fly a basic aerobatic routine in a Decathlon it would be 60%, in a Pitts the number is 20%. And to fly the advanced maneuvers in a Pitts as shown in the video 5%, and to fly those maneuvers to an FAA Level IV airshow waiver the answer is 4%, to a level III the answer is 3%, to a level II the number is 2%, and to an FAA Level I Unrestricted surface waiver in a Pitts Special as in the video the answer is 1%.

I could not disagree more. Given enough cash and dual time I'm confident I could solo a howler monkey in a C150. Its just not that hard.

And good for the rich kid with a pitts! He's a great pilot and took advantage of a great opportunity. I think thats awesome and I wish I could have had the same opportunities when I Was that age.

Alas, the 'right stuff' is just cash, but thats not ment to take away from a kid thats worked hard to learn how to do something fun.

Awesome flying, but seriously The TopGun music is gay and needs to go. Its like the Mullet. You keep seeing it and it just never dies! Also the begining was a lil Ace and Gary with the zipping and shads donning.

All jokes aside da boy's got some talent!

In that video, I saw the kid do a double-hammerhead (not easy), some very precise point rolls down the runway, and some good tumbles (not easy in a Pitts.) There's no question that the kid is good. Money doesn't mean everything.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game! ;)

Had my parents been able to give me flying lessons that young I'd have been all over them, unfortunately they just couldn't afford it. I envy those that can but you know what? It's all good! Even the Top Gun music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back