Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the video, but I have seen your son perform at competitions before and he is a good aerobatics pilot, no doubt about that. Like the others said, money only opens the door and I think it's great he had the opportunity to experience this if it was worth it for him. However, I always gotten a good chuckle from listening to people say how "demanding" an airplane is to fly, as if it somehow sets them apart from the rest of the aviation community for the better. Then I ask myself what skills that pilot lacks to properly fly the plane in question. It was designed to fly, it ain't rocket science...

hey spine,

You should change the color of your text to Green...As in green with envy. Loser.

RV

Nice landing I would say.

BTW, Hurry up, that Ty Englehardt trade a plane has killed several flies, no bug stains yet! If you want a picture of it, let me know, its in great condition! Still have original trade a plane bag it came in.

LearLove said:
If this isn't the truth I'll take it back, but I've been around enough in this bizz to see:

another kid with daddy's $$$. I doesn't take special skills, just $$$. Its the simple truth.

your statement is embarassing.

He is good! A for being 18...... "Hey, what did you do this weekend?" "Not much, hung out with the guys...you?" "Flipped around the sky a bit..not much really!"

Good for him, his father and his skill!

The only thing wrong with the video is that he is not in a Yak or a Sukhoi!

I think the point that's being missed is without dad's deep pockets the kid's talent never gets the opportunity to blossom. He took the opportunity and made the best out of it. Good for him. Without the basic talent it never happens. It also never happens without the money.

Given the same opportunity your son has had there would be a lot more hot stick pilots out there than you think. Clearly not everyone has the 'right stuff' to fly like he does, but IMO cash is a bigger percentage of the equation than most on here are willing to admit.

I also find it interesting that some of the same people that would be lambasting a kid for spending daddy's money at Riddle or a fast track academy are singing this young man's praises. What's the difference?

I am jealous of your son. I wish I would have had the same opportunity. I also recognize that it takes character and a quality upbringing to take advantage of that opportunity and make the best of it. He is a talented pilot, but money is a big part of this and plenty of other people, given the same chance, could rise to this level of excellence.

It's still a cool video and congratulations on encouraging your son and giving him the chance to excel.

The money comparison to Embry Riddle is a good one. The fact of the matter is that money does matter a great deal to my family just as it does to most everyone's family. My son attended a state of Illinois (SIU) aviation school where he attended A&P school, learned to fly and started the school's aerobatic team. The cost of all his education including the Pitt's Special use was less than an Embry Riddle education. This is not to take anything away from ERAU from an educational point of view, but that school is very expensive and probably much more money than attending another state school like SIU or UND, including the use of an S2C (Pitts).

So the the question is: Which is the better choice?

Last edited:
JungleJett said:
The only thing wrong with the video is that he is not in a Yak or a Sukhoi!

They say when you're out of "Pitt's" you're out of airshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back