Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive young man. Be proud, a job well done Dad.

Well done! Great stick!

I was fortunate enough to have access to a Pitts S2B a few years ago. They are a dream to fly. The owner gave me aerobatic instruction in it which is something that should be required of all pilots. I only learned the very basics but enough to keep me out of trouble in the future and build confidence.

Niiice.. :) My pops has been talking about opening up an aerobatics school. Maybe I can just get him to teach me. :)

Great flying; cool video! Thanks for posting.

FlyBieWire said:
Is the Pitts Special an easy airplane to fly?

The Pitts is a demanding airplane to fly, especially when landing because the pilot can not see forward when in the landing attitude. A slight drift into a crab may not be noticed and then on touch down, because of the short distance to the rudder, it is too easy to overcorrect, resulting in a ground loop. This can happen to anyone if contration is lost.

When it comes to flying a Pitts Special, training and practice, as in any airplane, is the answer.

Wow. The plane and pilot sure can take some abuse. Negative G loops :puke: !
There were a couple scenes in there where it looked like the ground was rushing into the frame (just an illusion of course) while the plane was spinning/tailsliding. Kind of made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
I can do about half of that stuff. The other half always resulted in a crash when I tried it. Sucks rebuilding my RC plane so often.:D

What are the pilot's plans for a career? Pretty amazing to be flying airshows at the age of 18!

Very cool think what he could do with an F-22 and a Mig in his sights!!!! He is a natural. I would have a major headache after all those neg. G's

UndauntedFlyer said:
That would be correct in this case.

Let's see now....where did I put those adoption papers?

Now i'm going to sit on my bed and pout 'til I get a Pitts for my birthday.

Great music choice.:puke:

W

Great video! Thanks for posting it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back