• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract Jobs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AJV (cargo) mostly does China runs out off Kansai and Narita and they added a Singapore flight recently, On the USA flights they go to ANK and ORD but the latest is that the ORD flight will be done by another company under a wet lease and the will do mostly China flights and ANK.

AJX (passengers) we do DLC, CAN, PVG and HKG in China, SIN and HNL. adding another SIN and a Taipei next month

AJV does a lot of DH's since they operate from different bases and they are business class

AJX only does one DH on the return flight from HKG because it is returning to Haneda, not Narita and we are provided a taxi that takes us back to any destination you want in Narita (hotel, apartment, back to the airport)

The commute back and forth from home (In both companies) is done with your choice of $2000 commute allowance and ZED fairs or business class tickets. You can choose from month to month as long as you do it ahead of time

They are currently only hiring DEC's and F/O's at AJV (cargo) AJX is currently hiring F/O's and generally an opportunity for upgrade should come within your first contract, if not your second contract should be as a Captain.

Do you foresee much expansion on either company?

Are the new hires getting apartments during training or hotels? Shin Takanawa?

Thanks.

Anyone know what the BMI threshold is for the Japanese physicals? (Or, 'if you have to ask, you're too fat'...;) )TC

I just did my JCAB medical last week and the nurse told me that the cut off is 27, but you can be @ 30 BMI during the medical but you have to be @ 27 before you start your training.
Japanese medical is a piece of cake compare to Chinese and Taiwanese medicals but that's another thread.

Do you foresee much expansion on either company?

Are the new hires getting apartments during training or hotels? Shin Takanawa?

Thanks.

The recently published business plans for both companies forecasts double the contract workforce on the next few years, we expect continuous contract opportunity here within the ANA group but they are getting quite a bit of applications now with the downturn of the industry here in the US. The good thing for American pilots is that the markets in the usual countries that export pilots (Australia, Great Britain, New Zealand, ect.) are pretty good now and some of the contract pilots are returning to their respective countries, so your competition is pretty much the US furloughed, the bad thing is that the competitive minimums are pretty high because of the experience level of current applicants

AJX is housing their new hires in luxury apartments in the Shirokane Takanawa area, my class was the first to stay in the apartments for the last two months of training and I wish that we would have stayed there from the beginning because the apartments are really nice. We used to stay at the Shin Tak.

AJV new hires are staying in a hotel in Keikyu Kamata, I went to visit some of the guys there and it is also pretty nice

I just did my JCAB medical last week and the nurse told me that the cut off is 27, but you can be @ 30 BMI during the medical but you have to be @ 27 before you start your training.
Japanese medical is a piece of cake compare to Chinese and Taiwanese medicals but that's another thread.

Did you do it stateside or TYO?

Thanks

contract cancelation

Hi
I am new to the contract scene.
If one gets a 5 year contract, can one leave before the contract ends. is there a bond of some sort. penalty to pay if leaving early

thanks

contract cancellation , each contract will specifically address that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back