• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract Jobs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct! I did my interview in TYO but my medical was in ANC at a later date due to roster conflicts with my previous gig

Do they give you a copy of the medical results, regardless of job offer?

Which company (AJV/AJX) has the most openings right now?

Hi
I am new to the contract scene.
If one gets a 5 year contract, can one leave before the contract ends. is there a bond of some sort. penalty to pay if leaving early

thanks

I get quite a bit of question regarding early contract cancellations and I would like to make a point, If you are thinking about taking this contract with the intention of leaving as soon as you get another gig, remember that the contract world is pretty small and the word gets around rather quickly that you are an individual that doesn't complete his contract. The first question out of interview panels if you come from another contract company is "Did you complete your contract and why not?" you pretty much blacklist yourself. Some of this contracts don't have penalties for early cancellations but if a handful of individuals have a company spend a quarter of a million dollars in your training (between training, hotel, salary, because remember that they pay you your ENTIRE base salary from the day you arrive for training) just to leave halfway down your contract, that will force the companies that are not doing it yet, to have training bonds and make folks pay for training. Ask your contract company of choice about the specific provisions on that contract for early withdrawal

Do they give you a copy of the medical results, regardless of job offer?

Which company (AJV/AJX) has the most openings right now?

No, you don't get the results of the medical and if you get turned down (vision, hearing, cholesterol or whatever the case may be) they will NOT tell you why unless it is an imminent threat to your life. Cancer cells on your blood work or something dramatic as such

There are openings in both companies right now, also something that the contract companies haven't updated in their web sites for some reason is that the salary level for F/O's in both AJX/AJV is now the same since we got a pay raise at AJX (Air Japan, pax side) so if your choice is to fly passengers but want to apply to AJV because of the higher salary, now the F/O's of both companies are earning the same salary.

They basically raised the salaries of captains and F/O's in AJX by $1,000/month and they increased the per diem to $976/ month (from $884) and the housing allowance went up to $550/month (from $500) pension contribution went to $1,000/ month for captains and $600/ month for F/O's
Also there is a seniority based raise of 1% to 8% additional of base salary (1% to 6% for F/O's) depending on years of service. So basically what they did is bring the F/O's of AJX to the same salary level of AJV and the captains went up to slightly less than the AJV captains.

But remember that only AJV (cargo) has DEC and F/O positions right now and AJX has only F/O slots available at this time

Last edited:
"Different work, different pay."
You're a genious there, "Say Again Over", thanks for the reiteration. Do you know what the pay and work difference is? Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Say again is right.

Different work, different pay. Commuting contracts "usually" pay less because you are available to fly less than the guy who lives in the base.

Every airline is different, and for every airline there can be multiple contracts. Asking "what" the difference is, is not possible to answer without the specifics of the company.

Check carefully to find the best deal.

Ok, I should have asked this a different way, perhaps. Dumb Pilot, are there different contracts with ANA that you know of, eg.; commuting, non-commuting. If so, what, if any, are the pay differences. Thank you in advance.

AJV/AJX the cargo and passenger divisions of ANA that operate the 767's are commuting contract only thus far

IBEX (CRJ)
A-net (Q-400)
ANK (737's)
These other operations within the ANA group are all residing contracts

For an ANA interview, would you use PARC, IAC, or Rishworth Aviation?

Seems like the only quote concerning salaries came from PARC at $8046 US a month for ANA 767 fo?

Anyone top that?

Seems like KAL 737 is only $6500 US. (through IAC)

I need to apply, interview before Aug 8th. Sounds kinda unlikely (company screwed us with COLA announcement, and that is our cutoff date) I would hate to apply for COLA and not even get an interview/offer by then.

Anyway, back on track....anyone have any REAL experience with any of these contract guys?

I was told ANA was interviewing in late July. KAL was interviewing in late Aug, which I'm not really in the running for due to our late COLA notice.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

I have been very happy with PARC. Pay is on time every time with no problems. I know there are a lot of guys that are not happy with HACS. Apparently they dont give you a itemized pay break down. They just tell you what was put in the bank.

However, there are small differences between each of the companies but the pay is exactly the same. Differences are in insurance and retirement and things like that.

Latest resources

Back