• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract in waiting EXPRESSJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBS at ASA passed by what? I think it was 87%, or 83%. I never met one yes voter for PBS at ASA. I predict a 80% yes on the ASA side. What's 80% of 1800? 1600 yes votes? Or thereabouts? They need 2200-2300 yes total votes. That amounts to roughly 600-700 yes votes out of 3000 from the legacy side. My prediction which is about as worthwhile as college preseason polls is, PASS 65%. Just my prediction.

I voted yes for PBS at ASA and am happy with it. I have voted no for everything else in my time here.

I will vote NO for this TA.

We will all earn less come January, so anything concessionary is an automatic no vote. Enhancements are what's needed, not concessions.
My biggest concern is what the future of our healthcare will be.

A flightcrew member on reserve is assigned a 3-day trip. On day 3, the flightcrew member flies one segment and returns to base. After block-in, the certificate holder assigns 3 additional segments which can be completed within the FDP, flight time and cumulative limits. Is this permissible? A-87. If the flightcrew member has completed the FDP (blocked in), he/she cannot be placed on a RAP to allow further flight assignments until he/she has received a 10 consecutivehour rest. However, before the end of the FDP, the certificate holder could reschedule and add the 3 flight segments. In that event, the flightcrew member would have to recalculate the FDP, flight time and cumulative limits to determine if the additional flight segments can be legally f lown. The flightcrew member would also have to reaffirm his or her fitness for duty before beginning each flight segmentor something started earlier in the party about not calling at the end of a reserve assignment.

Hardly. This contract will be most likely concessionary for LXJT. It will be a gain on the ASA side. We Are running currently very similar to SkyWest on our contract currently to what Jerry hands you. There will be no paycuts, and a modest bump on the 50 seat rates. My guess is on the LXJT side, their OJI bank will disappear, and their 401k match will be revamped or "enhanced" as the Inc people like to say.

SkyWest will magically have an E175 rate soon. How will that override work? ;-)

If that's the case, it's still an overall concessionary contract. When 2/3 (2800 pilots) get a concession, it's a concessionary contract. We'd be no different than PSA.

I don't even care what's in it. At this point I would happily vote a $1 an hour pay reduction just to watch nevets freak the F out. His/her condescending spew is only second to genital lee.

Hardly, I'm prepared for worst case scenario. I'm actually pessimistic about it to begin with. Is be surprised if they send it out to ratification, that it doesn't pass.

PS Don't take what I write personal if comes out condescending. That's usually not my intent.

Last edited:
Unfortunately LXJT side is going to be the one under most pressure, and has the most to lose......only 50 seaters, one carrier contract, OJI bank, B fund, and more. A shrinking fleet is in their future, transfer of flying, or whatever St George wants, and will get. If you think Delta's ruthless treatment of the regionals is bad, just wait and see what this shakedown will bring.
Not going to be pretty. Everyone who can should get their logbooks updated.

There will be nobody to fly the planes soon enough no need to rush on this. Just sit tight and have patience. We will have more and more power as time goes by.

Unfortunately LXJT side is going to be the one under most pressure, and has the most to lose......only 50 seaters, one carrier contract, OJI bank, B fund, and more. A shrinking fleet is in their future, transfer of flying, or whatever St George wants, and will get. If you think Delta's ruthless treatment of the regionals is bad, just wait and see what this shakedown will bring.
Not going to be pretty. Everyone who can should get their logbooks updated.

Exactly! If you have been paying attention, you could see this train coming miles away. Anyone not prepared for worst case scenario is probably going to vote yes.

Another thought.....if Sky west Airlines is the minority party, how come they contribute so much to Sky west Inc's profit, and earn more as pilots? What is so wrong with XJT to say it is losing so much money, or is some creative accounting going on?
It is inconceivable that division contributes so much to the bottom line to negate a loss on the XJT side, and show an overall profit for SKYW.
I don't even remember when we last got a bonus for 1%+ profit margin. That's "engineered" in their favor also!

Latest resources

Back