Contract in waiting EXPRESSJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Thebadcat1313

ExpressJet gets an agreement in principle. MEC votes next week whether to make it a tentative agreement. What will we see?

We'll see another spineless group vote in concessions

Well, XJet will now be joining the elite group with their friends from Pinnacle and PSA!

Well, XJet will now be joining the elite group with their friends from Pinnacle and PSA!

The negotiation power ALPA is something to behold!

Let's throw some predictions out there, just for fun. I know none of us have any info about it, other than stuff we've inferred from statements made by the union guys over the years, but let's see what you predict.

I predict both MECs will approve the TA for submission to the membership.

I predict the pilot group will reject the contract. (Most are ready to reject it sight unseen right now).

I predict it will be mostly current book plus maybe a 1-3% pay increase. There will be miniscule improvements to reserve life, but nothing substantial. Maybe no call-for-release, but they'll still be able to assign an hour of "airport standby" at the end of every trip (so there's really no benefit). There will be no mention of prohibiting involuntary TDY for reserves (which allows five and six day trips). Reserve would still go as junior as it can get. Vacation low will mostly go away--you'll only be able to use it in one of the two months during a cross-over week, and you'll have to have your min guarantee reduced--i.e. get paid only for what you fly. There will be fences and seat-locks that would extremely limit swapping bases between the crj and erj.

What am I missing?

By the way, I advocate voting no, just to buy some time to see how many loopholes they come up with regarding the new ftdt rules. Wouldn't you rather finalize the next six to ten years after seeing what a couple of months look like under the new rules?

If they mess with vacation low vote no, that's the main reason pbs was sold. Indian Givers. Good lord knows what is going to happen to insurance cost next year when we get the boot thanks to ayatollah obama.

I was talking to a union guy (rep) on our side (LXJT) and they agreed to no changes to Vacation for both sides. Too ugly in mngt's opinon. Better to go after retirement and insurance. Jer

But we'll see in two weeks!

Guarantee our group votes no to anything less than we currently have let alone anything like PSA or Pinnacle.

Latest resources

Back