• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract in waiting EXPRESSJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's throw some predictions out there, just for fun. I know none of us have any info about it, other than stuff we've inferred from statements made by the union guys over the years, but let's see what you predict.

I predict both MECs will approve the TA for submission to the membership.

I predict the pilot group will reject the contract. (Most are ready to reject it sight unseen right now).

I predict it will be mostly current book plus maybe a 1-3% pay increase. There will be miniscule improvements to reserve life, but nothing substantial. Maybe no call-for-release, but they'll still be able to assign an hour of "airport standby" at the end of every trip (so there's really no benefit). There will be no mention of prohibiting involuntary TDY for reserves (which allows five and six day trips). Reserve would still go as junior as it can get. Vacation low will mostly go away--you'll only be able to use it in one of the two months during a cross-over week, and you'll have to have your min guarantee reduced--i.e. get paid only for what you fly. There will be fences and seat-locks that would extremely limit swapping bases between the crj and erj.

What am I missing?

By the way, I advocate voting no, just to buy some time to see how many loopholes they come up with regarding the new ftdt rules. Wouldn't you rather finalize the next six to ten years after seeing what a couple of months look like under the new rules?

PBS at ASA passed by what? I think it was 87%, or 83%. I never met one yes voter for PBS at ASA. I predict a 80% yes on the ASA side. What's 80% of 1800? 1600 yes votes? Or thereabouts? They need 2200-2300 yes total votes. That amounts to roughly 600-700 yes votes out of 3000 from the legacy side. My prediction which is about as worthwhile as college preseason polls is, PASS 65%. Just my prediction.

Well, XJet will now be joining the elite group with their friends from Pinnacle and PSA!

Hardly. This contract will be most likely concessionary for LXJT. It will be a gain on the ASA side. We Are running currently very similar to SkyWest on our contract currently to what Jerry hands you. There will be no paycuts, and a modest bump on the 50 seat rates. My guess is on the LXJT side, their OJI bank will disappear, and their 401k match will be revamped or "enhanced" as the Inc people like to say.

SkyWest will magically have an E175 rate soon. How will that override work? ;-)

PBS at ASA passed by what? I think it was 87%, or 83%. I never met one yes voter for PBS at ASA. I predict a 80% yes on the ASA side. What's 80% of 1800? 1600 yes votes? Or thereabouts? They need 2200-2300 yes total votes. That amounts to roughly 600-700 yes votes out of 3000 from the legacy side. My prediction which is about as worthwhile as college preseason polls is, PASS 65%. Just my prediction.

I voted yes on PBS, because I expected my quality of life to significantly improve, which it did.

I am not expecting our qol to improve with this contract.
We'll see, but I'll buy if we approve it by 80%. :beer:

Well i voted yes for PBS because we were either getting a pbs system that we had some say in how it worked, or we would get a pbs system later on with NO say in how it would work. I wasnt happy voting yes at the time because of all the stories from other work groups that had it and how bad it was.

However, after i figured out how to bid with pbs and what strategies worked for me, i am happy we got what we did. My qol is much better. And i dont see any guys here that wont admit to voting for it.

I voted for PBS, great to have 2-3 weeks off for one week of vacation, and get paid guarantee.

I agree PBS at ASA is awesome. However when it came time to vote for that PBS, all I saw was everyone screaming "hell no!" I'm predicting things will remain the same with this contact vote. A lot of nevets no vocalizers and then reality.

I don't even care what's in it. At this point I would happily vote a $1 an hour pay reduction just to watch nevets freak the F out. His/her condescending spew is only second to genital lee.

I voted for pbs when I was at Asa and pretty much everyone I talked to voted for it too. I was kinda on the fence at the time but ended up deciding to vote in favor. I knew others on the fence but didn't really talk to anyone who said he"" no after it was up for a vote.

Latest resources

Back