Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental pilots/post merger.....ALPA pins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm certainly not with management. All I try to do is be professional, humble, and courteous. You are free to believe whatever you'd like about me. And as long as a fellow pilot was unfairly accused by management (or anyone else for that matter) and he was acting in good faith, I'd be glad to have his back...and that's whether I had an alpa pin on my tie or not.

Your post sounds good and mirrors the feelings of the vast majority of pilots here at UAL and I am sure at CO. Your attire will conflict with your first sentence and give the wrong impression to management and the hundreds of pilots you do not fly with and get to know, but simply pass by in ops or the terminal.

Your post sounds good and mirrors the feelings of the vast majority of pilots here at UAL and I am sure at CO. Your attire will conflict with your first sentence and give the wrong impression to management and the hundreds of pilots you do not fly with and get to know, but simply pass by in ops or the terminal.

Eagle - WADR, I've really exhausted all I had to say here. I really wasn't going to say anything at all, but the fact some guys on here (not mentioning names, you can look at the prior posts) are so unequiovically convinced that no alpa pin on the tie MUST equal a scab, that I just couldn't take the gross flawed logic on it.

As I mentioned - the alpa pin on the tie has zero to do with being a scab. Absolutely zero. The last scab I unfortunately flew with out of IAH had a gleaming, shiny alpa pin strapped right to his tie. And yes indeed - he was indeed a scab (name was on the list and acted just like one as well). That's the problem...as I mentioned earlier...anyone can put a million alpa pins all over their uniform...if they're a scab from '83, they're still a scab.

Instead of demeaning guys for not wearing an alpa pin and convincing yourself that he must be a scab, use factual data. That can be either the list or asking other reliable sources. And above all, use common sense. If you're flying with a relatively young guy (i.e. 33 years old...he probably didn't cross the picket line now did he)?? I'd bet you'd be amazed how friendly and enjoyable the trip may be if you drop any preconcieved notions and just chatted with him like a normal adult.

P.S. I do wear an alpa pin...it was been affixed firmly to my blazer along with an american flag pin. And my military pin has been on my tie. And I've never had a problem, nor have I ever been put on someone's no fly list. As my prior squadron commander once told me..."be humble, be credible, and be approachable." And that's exactly what I try to do.

P.P.S. I did not hang out with that scab one minute on that trip, nor have I on the previous trips as well.

Last edited:
Eagle - WADR, I've really exhausted all I had to say here. I really wasn't going to say anything at all, but the fact some guys on here (not mentioning names, you can look at the prior posts) are so unequiovically convinced that no alpa pin on the tie MUST equal a scab, that I just couldn't take the gross flawed logic on it.

As I mentioned - the alpa pin on the tie has zero to do with being a scab. Absolutely zero. The last scab I unfortunately flew with out of IAH had a gleaming, shiny alpa pin strapped right to his tie. And yes indeed - he was indeed a scab (name was on the list and acted just like one as well). That's the problem...as I mentioned earlier...anyone can put a million alpa pins all over their uniform...if they're a scab from '83, they're still a scab.

Instead of demeaning guys for not wearing an alpa pin and convincing yourself that he must be a scab, use factual data. That can be either the list or asking other reliable sources. And above all, use common sense. If you're flying with a relatively young guy (i.e. 33 years old...he probably didn't cross the picket line now did he)?? I'd bet you'd be amazed how friendly and enjoyable the trip may be if you drop any preconcieved notions and just chatted with him like a normal adult.

P.S. I do wear an alpa pin...it was been affixed firmly to my blazer along with an american flag pin. And my military pin has been on my tie. And I've never had a problem, nor have I ever been put on someone's no fly list. As my prior squadron commander once told me..."be humble, be credible, and be approachable." And that's exactly what I try to do.

P.P.S. I did not hang out with that scab one minute on that trip, nor have I on the previous trips as well.

I wasn't really looking for a response. I understand your position. All is well. However I am having touble with WADR.?? I'm a bit slow I know.

Actually, my buddy just flew with one who was born in 1963. Probably too fat to make it to 60 much less 65.
Also flew with one in ewr born in 1963 EAL scab, most f/o's have him on the no fly list on the 737. Simple way to remember is Scab free in 2023, Prater made us wait till 2028

The stupidest part of all you "pro-union" guys is that I'm sure 99% percent of you are Republicans. Talk about a bunch of naive hypocrites.

Also flew with one in ewr born in 1963 EAL scab, most f/o's have him on the no fly list on the 737. Simple way to remember is Scab free in 2023, Prater made us wait till 2028

EWR based? T.F. and O.B. came to mind but didn't match.....

Why do you guys worry about scabs so much. What about you that PFTed back in the 90s??? You screwed the industry too just as much as they did to their contemporaries!!

Yep, you got me...because I don't have my alpa pin on my tie that day I would most certainly look like a scab that crossed the picket line in 1983. Oh wait, I'm friggin 33 years old and was born in 1977. So, if I did cross the picket line, I would have been 6 and just finishing 1st grade. From what I remember, I was playing on the playground that year and not employed with Continental. Maybe you can do a background check if you don't believe me.

Try consulting a list or better yet - why don't you use some basic reasoning...if a dude looks like he's in his late 20's to early 30's, he probably isn't a scab from '83. I know, I know...the logic is just unbelievable here.

Your quarreling makes you sound like you're still 6. Just wear the thing and be done with it...

Latest resources

Back