• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me get this straight...a guy doesn't agree with you and defends his position, and you therefore feel justified in dragging his name through the mud and questioning his service record? You, sir, are a fool.

Just feel fortunate there are folks out there like Scrap, and thousands of others far better than you, who ensure you have the freedom to stick your foot in your mouth and make a complete jack@ass out of yourself. I'm embarassed to share this profession, and this country, with the likes of you.

No you do not have it straight. I expressed my opinions on the terrible compensation for new hires at CAL. He began to insult me like a little punk kid. That is why I questioned his background.

Oh yeah, I believe everyone is 100% percent honest in this anonymous board.

Last edited:
Can someone please rag on AA, UPS, United, or US airways first year pay. We all know CALs sux, but so do the rest of them.

.....I have heard that CAL big wigs are telling new hires to recommend anyone that they know, because they WILL get an interview. I think they are having a hard time getting people to work there....

And yet they still told you HELL NO! And don't come back.

Sorry to change subjects, but can a CAL pilot give me an impression of an interview panel conducted with the CP's in CLE? Are they good guys to interview with?

Wow, I knew it was bad at CAL, but not THAT bad.

Holy cow, CAL! LOL

I would never lower myself to working for those conditions. Sorry, but it's true. Give me a better contract and I might consider working there.

I have heard that CAL big wigs are telling new hires to recommend anyone that they know, because they WILL get an interview. I think they are having a hard time getting people to work there.

Can you imagine why? LOL

Still bitter you are one of the only females turned ever down at CAL? LMAO now that really says something

Don't forget NO MEDICAL INSURANCE for 6 MONTHS!!!! On top of that Prater (ALPA PRESIDENT) is a CAL Captain. Goes to show how much he cares! or how powerless ALPA is. S*IT pay, no bennies to be a part of a LEGACY Major airline that the president of ALPA is a part of!!

Shameful!

No, cleaning cabins, signing 5 year employment contracts, commuter pay scales for the 190 are actually shameful.

Things must not be so rosy over there with JB pilots leaving to come to CAL. Having just flown with one of your refugees recently it appears from his thoughts the kool aid is wearing a little thin over there these days. Well, obviously not for everyone.

Sorry the interview didn't work out to well for you here.

I never questioned ability. As for class? Yes, hes has shown alot of it today. Whatever. I am done with this idiot. I am surprised that someone in your background do not see his ignorance and condescending remarks and towards civilian pilots. You are his CAL buddy so it is expected though.

Fly safe!

Whatever he has shown today, you have shown more. Maybe he is just sick of people trashing the airline that many have chosen as what they think to be the best career path. JB may or may not be around in 5 years, I'm pretty sure CAL will be, and that our pay will be higher than yours. And one thing that I'm damned sure of, I will not be cleaning any cabins. Sorry that you have such a bad opinion of us, but we looked at this as a long term career decision. If I was that afraid of first year pay I would still be a Captain at ASA.

I can't verify the squadrons, but he was in my class, and I can verify him, and I will guarantee that he has more class and ability than you, or 190Captain will ever have. We won't even TALK about pokahole pilot.

WHOAH there chief! I was merely curious. Don't drag me into this.

Latest resources

Back