• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, and it also pays for your freedom as well. Very cheap shot and very petty. Next time I'm deployed and you're flying B6 back to see your family during the holidays I'll ensure I remember your fine words.

You still don't get it do you? You think in this business we all get to see our families for the holidays?

I respect all men and women in uniform and you deserve every penny paid to you and all of them for service to this country. I have lost friends serving the military.

You are missing the point and don't even think of twisting my words to make it sound like I don't respect them or even you.

Last edited:
So 190Captain, we understand that you think CAL sucks. Yes we would like to see 1st year pay increase, and new hires get insurance from the outset. But tell me, how much are you going to be making 5 years from now? If you're on the bus you will be making 121 or 76/hour. I will be making 157 or 97/hour, and that is with our current contract, on our smallest equipment. Those rates will likely go up when we finish with the new one. NOW do you see why Scrapdog said you're looking at it like a child? This business is about long term, not about tomorrow. Too bad so many don't realize that.

So 190Captain, we understand that you think CAL sucks. Yes we would like to see 1st year pay increase, and new hires get insurance from the outset. But tell me, how much are you going to be making 5 years from now? If you're on the bus you will be making 121 or 76/hour. I will be making 157 or 97/hour, and that is with our current contract, on our smallest equipment. Those rates will likely go up when we finish with the new one. NOW do you see why Scrapdog said you're looking at it like a child? This business is about long term, not about tomorrow. Too bad so many don't realize that.

The short term is more critical for me so therefore CAL won't work. But you know as well as I do that these terms are shameful even for a newhire. Come on a regional FO takes a paycut to go a legacy carrier. I know CAL is not the only one and no one seems to care, even ALPA. That is my point. Nothing personal.

OK I get It CAL's contract sucks!

I would know I live under it but oh by the way if you are so worried about the dollar signs this Jersey boy who suffered through crappy first year pay and medicore second year pay is going to upgrade before he sees 4th year pay.

So Draw a line on the 737 pay scales

Year 1- $30
Year 2- 56/63 (small / midbody pay)
Year 3- 66/75
Year 4 (with upgrade)- 137/155

That looks like a pretty good return on my first year pay investment to me. Oh and I forgot to mention on how next month I got a 17 day off line worth 85 hours. I was hired April '06

Our contract does suck, and first year pay sucks, but we are starting working on contract 08 and with the company still making 200million dollar quartarly profits and 3+ Billion in cash, I think they can afford to toss a little our way! We just have to make them see our logic!

OK I get It CAL's contract sucks!

I would know I live under it but oh by the way if you are so worried about the dollar signs this Jersey boy who suffered through crappy first year pay and medicore second year pay is going to upgrade before he sees 4th year pay.

So Draw a line on the 737 pay scales

Year 1- $30
Year 2- 56/63 (small / midbody pay)
Year 3- 66/75
Year 4 (with upgrade)- 137/155

That looks like a pretty good return on my first year pay investment to me. Oh and I forgot to mention on how next month I got a 17 day off line worth 85 hours. I was hired April '06

Our contract does suck, and first year pay sucks, but we are starting working on contract 08 and with the company still making 200million dollar quartarly profits and 3+ Billion in cash, I think they can afford to toss a little our way! We just have to make them see our logic!

Good luck with it and hopefully CAL will lead the charge to raise the bar! I certainly hope we don't have to INVEST in that manner in the future for regionals and majors alike EVER!!!.

You still don't get it do you? You think in this business we all get to see our families for the holidays?

I respect all men and women in uniform and you deserve every penny paid to you and all of them for service to this country. I have lost friends serving the military.

You are missing the point and don't even think of twisting my words to make it sound like I don't respect them or even you.

OK, now you've pissed me off. I hope to God you're not serious and not this much of a tool. You're comparing you not being home on an airline trip vs. a soldier/airman deployed to the middle east in harm's way?? You respect us huh? Your little comment about paying your taxes so you can cover our health care costs shows you don't respect us in the least.

You sir, have missed the point. Sickening. And BTW, please contact all your CAL "prior 1900" buddies and let them know how you feel about our contract. I'm sure you're a real hoot. I'll contact my B6 buddies (320 captains) who I fly with in the military and let them know how you feel about paying your taxes so you can cover our health care costs.

I've also noticed how you brought up my "newness" to the airline industry twice now. That has absolutely nothing to do with your negative rants towards CAL. Yeah, I'm newer than you...who cares? That's no excuse for you being a d*ckhead and your garbage posts that produce nothing positive whatsoever.

Let me know what's next...you want to compare how good a pilot you are vs. me? How big our shwanz's are? No problem...I'm standing by. Jesus, pathetic.

OK, now you've pissed me off. I hope to God you're not serious and not this much of a tool. You're comparing you not being home on an airline trip vs. a soldier/airman deployed to the middle east in harm's way?? You respect us huh? Your little comment about paying your taxes so you can cover our health care costs shows you don't respect us in the least.

You sir, have missed the point. Sickening. And BTW, please contact all your CAL "prior 1900" buddies and let them know how you feel about our contract. I'm sure you're a real hoot. I'll contact my B6 buddies (320 captains) who I fly with in the military and let them know how you feel about paying your taxes so you can cover our health care costs.

I've also noticed how you brought up my "newness" to the airline industry twice now. That has absolutely nothing to do with your negative rants towards CAL. Yeah, I'm newer than you...who cares? That's no excuse for you being a d*ckhead and your garbage posts that produce nothing positive whatsoever.

Let me know what's next...you want to compare how good a pilot you are vs. me? How big our shwanz's are? No problem...I'm standing by. Jesus, pathetic.

:laugh: You crack me up. Those statements don't even warrant a response. Fly safe!

:laugh: You crack me up. Those statements don't even warrant a response. Fly safe!

I'll do my best. Thanks for your tax payments so you can cover my healthcare. I'll write you a thank you letter from the theater next time I'm deployed.

Oh, and you don't crack me up...far from it. I feel bad for a person like you, but funny - you ain't it.

I'll do my best. Thanks for your tax payments so you can cover my healthcare. I'll write you a thank you letter from the theater next time I'm deployed.

Oh, and you don't crack me up...far from it. I feel bad for a person like you, but funny - you ain't it.

Ok, you just confirmed that you are a fake. Do you even know what a mentor is?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=104933

If you really are military can you please list all your squadrons and dates flown in those squadrons? Or maybe some squadron commanders you served under. Then I will apologize for calling you a fake.

IF INDEED THIS GUY IS A FAKE! WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME???

:blush: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Scrapdog is just mad because he can't get on at FedEx with all his buds. Must be a guy thing. Bigger wee-wee and all! LOL

I doubt that CAL pilots will raise the bar. I passed after being offered the job earlier this year. Very glad I did, after talking to CAL jumpseaters. They are miserable, to say it kindly.

Scabs will get in the way of any progress there though if you ask me. And yes, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Exress last night, so ask away!!! LOL

Latest resources

Back