• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recruiter: Keep in mind since you have worked so hard at your previous regional carriers with little rewards we will p!ss on you a little more and base you in EWR at $30.00/hr and no medical for you and your family.

Look, we have another one! Someone who got rejected by Continental and is still bitter about it!

I'm sorry your career hasn't worked out the way you planned. At least JetBlue is a good company, and you're flying a major-like airplane. And I know you don't have to clean the lavs, that's just a joke.

Chimi

PS Hey, duuuuude, were you the one always smoking behind the hangar when we worked at Gulfstream?

Look, we have another one! Someone who got rejected by Continental and is still bitter about it!

I'm sorry your career hasn't worked out the way you planned. At least JetBlue is a good company, and you're flying a major-like airplane. And I know you don't have to clean the lavs, that's just a joke.

Chimi

PS Hey, duuuuude, were you the one always smoking behind the hangar when we worked at Gulfstream?

Not entirely accurate. I admit I have applied at CAL but lost all interest when they began hiring and I became aware of the pathetic pay and no medical. I have 2 kids that I have to support and provide healthcare for and taking a paycut from a regional and paying $1500.00 a month plus co-pays and deductibles for COBRA was not going to cut it Besides I personally found that CAL's pay and no regard for a new-hires family downright insulting. I never got shot down because I never interviewed and have no interest in doing so.

JB has been good to me but granted there is room for improvement like anywhere else. JB is a major and as long as JB is around I will be here and proud of it. At least I took a pay raise to come to JB instead from a cut at CAL and that was from the RIGHT seat at PSA.

What makes it even more of a slap in the face is that John Prater, the president of ALPA and a CAL Captain, is aware of it. God help us all!

As for the smoking behind the hangar yes, I have smoked there but not always. I only became aware of that spot the last few months I was there.

Last edited:
Not entirely accurate. I admit I have applied at CAL but lost all interest when they began hiring and I became aware of the pathetic pay and no medical. I have 2 kids that I have to support and provide healthcare for and taking a paycut from a regional and paying $1500.00 a month plus co-pays and deductibles for COBRA was not going to cut it Besides I personally found that CAL's pay and no regard for a new-hires family downright insulting. I never got shot down because I never interviewed and have no interest in doing so.

JB has been good to me but granted there is room for improvement like anywhere else. JB is a major and as long as JB is around I will be here and proud of it. At least I took a pay raise to come to JB instead from a cut at CAL and that was from the RIGHT seat at PSA.

As for the smoking behind the hangar yes, I have smoked there but not always. I only became aware of that spot the last few months I was there.

Alright...after reading your multiple CAL bashing posts, I'll take a stab. First of all, you're an idiot. We get it clown - you're not a fan of CAL's 1st year pay nor it's lack of medical for the first 6 months. Great - don't come here...we don't want you working here either. And guess what? No one is. So your running toilet of a mouth is noted, but it's been noted by many folks, many times in the past. What your posts bring to the table is absolutely nothing new nor nothing worthy of intelligence. Second, your view is so myopic it's on the verge of being retarded. Does 1st year pay suck at CAL? You betcha. Does the 1st 6 mo's without insurance suck? You betcha. Did I or 99.9% of the applicants apply to work there one year? Of course not. Look at the big picture. Your vantage point seems to be one of a 3 year old (maybe one or your two kids - which you posted above, but no one cares). I, like most semi-intelligent people, plan on making CAL a career. And as a career, it's not too shabby. Room for improvement? Heck ya...new contract that we're excited about in '08...heck ya as well.

Take your JB and enjoy. (Note I'm not sh*tting on them continuously as you do with CAL). However, I'll be more than surprised if they're around the next 5 years.

Oh, and a 190 captain huh? Wow, now you really got us all impressed. GMAFB. :puke:

Last edited:
Alright...after reading your multiple CAL bashing posts, I'll take a stab. First of all, you're an idiot. We get it clown - you're not a fan of CAL's 1st year pay nor it's lack of medical for the first 6 months. Great - don't come here...we don't want you working here either. And guess what? No one is. So your running toilet of a mouth is noted, but it's been noted by many folks, many times in the past. What your posts bring to the table is absolutely nothing new nor nothing worthy of intelligence. Second, your view is so myopic it's on the verge of being retarded. Does 1st year pay suck at CAL? You betcha. Does the 1st 6 mo's without insurance suck? You betcha. Did I or 99.9% of the applicants apply to work there one year? Of course not. Look at the big picture. Your vantage point seems to be one of a 3 year old (maybe one or your two kids - which you posted above, but no one cares). I, like most semi-intelligent people, plan on making CAL a career. And as a career, it's not too shabby. Room for improvement? Heck ya...new contract that we're excited about in '08...heck ya as well.

Take your JB and enjoy. (Note I'm not sh*tting on them continuously as you do with CAL). However, I'll be more than surprised if they're around the next 5 years.

Oh, and a 190 captain huh? Wow, now you really got us all impressed. GMAFB. :puke:

I am truly surprised of your comments and adolescent insults. Especially coming from someone of your accomplishments and experience or lack of. Unlike you I respect ones accomplishments. You are just an ignorant probie rookie in this business.

You got a problem with B190 Captains? You look down on them because you fly fighters in the military? I was a 1900 Captain yes, at one point in my career and I am not the only one. I am sure quite a few of your comrades has flown it as well. You feel the same about them?

Last edited:
I am truly surprised of your comments and adolescent insults. Especially coming from someone of your accomplishments and experience. Truly sad.
You got a problem with B190 Captains? You look down on them because you flew fighters in the military? I was a 1900 Captain yes, at one point in my career and I am not the only one. I am sure quite a few of your comrades has flown it as well. You feel the same about them?

Please - don't turn the tables here. You have continously crapped on CAL for no apparent reason other than being a jerk. Now that is not truley sad, it's downright pathetic.

I have no problem with B190 captains. I do have a problem with B190 captains that are complete a$$holes such as yourself. And yes, I flew (and currently fly) fighters in the military and that has absolutely nothing to do with your piss poor attitude nor your garbage comments towards CAL.

Not one of my comrades has flown the 1900, I can assure you. However...if they had, I wouldn't care in the least...as long as they were good folks. Jerks such as yourself - yeah, then I'd care.

Please - don't turn the tables here. You have continously crapped on CAL for no apparent reason other than being a jerk. Now that is not truley sad, it's downright pathetic.

I have no problem with B190 captains. I do have a problem with B190 captains that are complete a$$holes such as yourself. And yes, I flew (and currently fly) fighters in the military and that has absolutely nothing to do with your piss poor attitude nor your garbage comments towards CAL.

Not one of my comrades has flown the 1900, I can assure you. However...if they had, I wouldn't care in the least...as long as they were good folks. Jerks such as yourself - yeah, then I'd care.

None of your comrades at CAL flew the 1900? You are dead wrong. Another sign of ignorance.

I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING THAT IS NOT TRUE. Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? I can't express my opinion based on facts because you don't like them?

Do I need to repeat your GMAFB comment? Seems to me you look down at me because I was a 1900 Captain.

You are ignorant and a novice in this industry. So go fly your CAL jet for your measly 30.00 bucks and no medical. Oh wait, my taxes pay for your medical so you really don't need it as much as I do.

Last edited:
None of your comrades at CAL flew the 1900? You are dead wrong. Another sign of ignorance.

I HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING THAT IS NOT TRUE. Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? I can't express my opinion based on facts because you don't like them?

Do I need to repeat your GMAFB comment? Seems to me you look down at me because I was a 1900 Captain. It also seems to me that the one that is less mature than my 4 year old is a Raptor Pilot.

I'm not saying no one at CAL has not flown the 1900. There are 4800 pilots dude. None of my personal friends has - military or civilian. Repeat what you'd like. I'll gladly repeat your comments as well...and your perception is one of a true jerkoff.

I only look down on you because you were 1900 Captain and therefore supposed to be some sort of a leader (in your captain status). Your attitude and actions are far from it.

I'll say something that is true as well. CAL's last quarter profit was $241 million. B6's was $28 million. Does it really matter though? No. Nor do I give a sh*t. Say what you'd like, just don't be an a$$hole doing it. Folks tend to like you better.

You are ignorant and a novice in this industry. So go fly your CAL jet for your measly 30.00 bucks and no medical. Oh wait, my taxes pay for your medical so you really don't need it as much as I did.

Yeah, and it also pays for your freedom as well. Very cheap shot and very petty. Next time I'm deployed and you're flying B6 back to see your family during the holidays I'll ensure I remember your fine words.

This flame bait makes me laugh.

Don't like CAL or think working here is beneath you? Good! Don't apply.

After all, you folks are correct! Working here is terrible. Flying Boeing products is no fun at all. The working conditions are horrible, going to more cities on the planet than any other airline is just no fun. Our training is horrible, they made me draw the systems on my oral and I constantly felt as if my job was at jeopardy if I made the smallest mistake. I'm stuck at this horrible thirty dollars an hour pay for the rest of my life, Newark upgrade on the 73 is running 15-20 years and our contract is not amenable till 2050. There's the constant stres and uncertainty of our poor financial performance too. I'm just hoping someday we can turn a profit again and exit bankruptcy.

OK, sarcastic rant over, just one thing directed to Pocono Pilot with all my love, against my better judgement:

Enjoy your peperoni and crackers snack on your way to Beumont!

I'm not saying no one at CAL has not flown the 1900. There are 4800 pilots dude. None of my personal friends has - military or civilian. Repeat what you'd like. I'll gladly repeat your comments as well...and your perception is one of a true jerkoff.

I only look down on you because you were 1900 Captain and therefore supposed to be some sort of a leader (in your captain status). Your attitude and actions are far from it.

I'll say something that is true as well. CAL's last quarter profit was $241 million. B6's was $28 million. Does it really matter though? No. Nor do I give a sh*t. Say what you'd like, just don't be an a$$hole doing it. Folks tend to like you better.

If you really didn't care about the profit why did you even mention it? (GOOD FOR CAL AND LETS HOPE THE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE A REWARD FOR THOSE PROFITS GET PAID FOR THEIR PRIOR SACRIFICES.) You just mentioned it because it makes your company look better than my company?

Well quite a few bucks from that BIG profit CAL had made was subsidized by your own peers making benefit and pay concessions since deregulation and 9/11 and even yourself.

But of course you were not aware of this since you are a rookie to this industry.

Well I mentioned before that my taxes pay for your medical so you didnt need it anyway. Not all of us have that benefit. You as a military officer deserve it, don't get me wrong.

I have quite a few friends at CAL (That were 1900 Captains that you don't think so highly of) I even flew their colors for years. Nothing personal to them nor you. You are the one making it personal.

The more you type the more clueless you reveal yourself to be so let's stop this. Maybe one day we can laugh about it over a beer.

Live long and prosper.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back