Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental loses captain over colleague's alcohol allegation

Continental loses captain over colleague's alcohol allegation ??????????

I don't see where the pilot lost his job over an allegation. It looks like he loss his job because he was above the legal limit.

TundraT said:
I don't see where the pilot lost his job over an allegation. It looks like he loss his job because he was above the legal limit.
It doesn't bother me that ignorant people can get a pilot's "license", because I quit letting other people fly me around in airplanes after the two airline crashes in Missouri a couple years ago. So, your ignorance is excused Turdra.

FR8mastr said:
I agree, Given the choice the Captain would have called in sick. Lets see call in sick or get fired, Hmm what to do...
This would be just the kind of mentality that all the SCABS in management like. All symptoms of a much bigger problem at CAL (scabs not alcohol)

You are an idiot. Alcoholism has nothing to do with scabs or chocies one makes in their lives, particulary this incident.

Texas boys know how to turn a profit, and we know how to drink :)

AA, SWA, and now CAL all within 2 years.

YEEHAW

what ever happened with the AA guy over in manchester anyway?

JP4user said:
You are an idiot. Alcoholism has nothing to do with scabs or chocies one makes in their lives, particulary this incident.

Well said! The guy was over the legal limit as proven by the blood test. If he is not smart enough to realize he smells like booze and he probably feels like sh*t and should call in sick, then he probably is not smart enough to handle some sort of complex inflight emergency while he feels like and smells like sh*t!

FN FAL said:
A colleague would be another captain, not an understudy or apprentice like an FO. An FO is more like a "pro·té·gé" than a "colleague".

I don't see it that way, there are many FO's around that have been furloughed and have been around the industry for a long time(I am not one of them). It is well within the realm of possibility that the FO could have had more experience than the captain.

Regardless we all bring soemthing to the table experience wise anwyay and can learn things from eachother.

OrionFE said:
Well said! The guy was over the legal limit as proven by the blood test. If he is not smart enough to realize he smells like booze and he probably feels like sh*t and should call in sick, then he probably is not smart enough to handle some sort of complex inflight emergency while he feels like and smells like sh*t!
Complex inflight emergency? You mean like stalling C5's for no reason at all, like the military does with 8 sober flight crewmembers.

ReportCanoa said:
Nice job by the FO or whomever. I guess trying to get the guy to call in sick and following up with pro standards would have been too much work.

I agree with your course of action, however i think its sad that you are busting on the whistleblower. What ever happened to personal responsibility and not going to work drunk. If you risk others lives by being drunk on the job, you desreve to lose your job.

JP4user said:

I would rather be an idiot than a spineless ninny that has to run to mommy (management) rather than confront this individual like a man. do you also call your buddy in the chief pilots office if somebody does not show at exactly the correct time?
I made no comment about this pilot showing up drunk, I assumed most people would not need a comment about how wrong that is. So I aplogize to you that I did not realize not every one gets it. So for the less than swift out there lets clairfy this SHOWING UP DRUNK IS WRONG AND SHOULD NEVER BE TOLERATED. That being said my post was about how it was handled, and how it should have been handled. Shouldnt this guy be given the opportunity to get help? The guy that called management, this kind of "man" is the exact sort of person the SCAB management at CAL wants. They want pilots who will not stand up to anyone (especially at contract time).

FN FAL said:
Complex inflight emergency? You mean like stalling C5's for no reason at all, like the military does with 8 sober flight crewmembers.

im sorry but saying the words sober and military in one sentence is like saying military and intelligence in another

Latest resources

Back