• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental hiring info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, have plenty of friends there, and they are very nervous!! I do know CAL very well though...

Ok fair enough, then why do you think there will be a possible furlough?

Are your nervous friends the ones that vote in crappy contracts because of fear?

Sorry but how can you not flame away at your comments!

Ballgag,

You clearly don't know what your talking about. We are growing at a rate of 1-3 airplanes a month this year. The 737-300's and 500's are supposed to start being phased out this summer but even if they are, the number of airplanes we are getting equate to growth.

I just finished up recurrent recently and heard that hiring will still continue. The first day I heard that hiring was going to slow to 24 a month, the next day I heard it was going to continue at a rate of 60 per month.

The higher powers are still trying to figure out how age 65 is going to affect hiring. There has been NO mention of furloughs at all and I really don't see it happening because of the age 65 change.

Are you by chance Pocono's alter ego?

No, have plenty of friends there, and they are very nervous!! I do know CAL very well though...

Well seeing how your not on property how well can you know? I think hiring at 12 or 16 per week is better than the 8 originally thought out. I'm not nervous. What are they so nervous about. Still getting new planes this year.

If its PBS well that I can understand.

Sounds good if you want a nasty contract ahead!!

Oh yea, don't rule out all the crusty dudes staying and possible furlough......just my 2 cents.

Flame if you must.....

This could be ANY airline.

Where do we get such masters of the obvious?

CAL will be at the Air Inc Job Fair this month so why would they be there looking to hire pilots if they were getting ready to furlough?

Are you guys gettin a new PBS system.??

Heard from check airman there--a new system was coming and was showing CAL over staffed over 200 pilots, and they needed to CX captain classes?

I don't have a dog there, so no I do not care. I was just talking to him on the phone about the aviation world, and he told me that...??

Mentioned earlier, Christi is the pilot recruiting manager responsible for filling the classes.

Thought I saw it on here, but maybe not, the 16 was to help avoid the summer crunch of being understaffed.

Granted, I don't fly under PBS yet, but I thought that PBS was built to make the lines more efficient and thus, pilot's lives hell. If they were getting rid of PBS or changing it (which I heard was in motion starting from a letter from the MEC), then wouldn't CAL be understaffed with more inefficient lines? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand.

CAL will be at the Air Inc Job Fair this month so why would they be there looking to hire pilots if they were getting ready to furlough?

Sorry to get off the subject a little but does it greatly increase the chances of getting an interview if you attend the Air Inc. thing? I've never been to one.

It's supposed to, but I think it depends on to whom you speak at Air Inc. I went, talked to one of the reps and was told, "I'll recommend you." When my sponsor went to check on the progress of my application, though, he was told by his CP that there was no indication of any kind on my app. I believe it can help, in theory, but in my case it doesn't appear to have worked. My sponsor regularly visited the CP for about a year and promoted me before I got a nibble. It takes less time for some.

It's supposed to, but I think it depends on to whom you speak at Air Inc. I went, talked to one of the reps and was told, "I'll recommend you." When my sponsor went to check on the progress of my application, though, he was told by his CP that there was no indication of any kind on my app. I believe it can help, in theory, but in my case it doesn't appear to have worked. My sponsor regularly visited the CP for about a year and promoted me before I got a nibble. It takes less time for some.

I went to the APC career fair at DFW and meet a CAL rep and he said " I'll recommend you". Got an email shortly after for an interview.

A couple of friends stood in the same line, with the same flight experience, talked to different reps and heard nothing.

I have zero hookups at CAL.

The job fairs worked for me. I had two other interviews from the same fair.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back