Continental hiring info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

calfo

There will be an average of 12 a week into April and very possibly into May and June. They may only do 8 in one week due to some logistics problems but that will be made up with 16 the following week.

Maybe they'll get the DOHs right on this round.

Special MEC Update – Seniority Lists

As many of you have discovered by now, the latest seniority list published by Flight Ops has many errors. Apparently, there was another technical glitch in Flight Ops software that has caused former Continental Express pilots to be listed with the wrong hire dates. We have been advised that this will be corrected by this Friday. Please check the Flight Ops website then to verify that this situation has been corrected. In the event that this issue is still outstanding at that time, we will follow up with the Company. Until that time, thank you for your patience.

Below is an excerpt taken directly from the Flight Ops e-bulletin form on the situation:

We have received reports that the recently published seniority lists contain a different date designated in the "Hiredate" field than that found on previously published lists.
It appears that relative seniority order of each individual is correct, it is just the date published as the "Hiredate" that is different.
Manpower planning is aware of the issue and is researching its cause, but it appears it is as simple as having the wrong field exported when the seniority list was created.
You can be assured that this is just a display issue only affecting the printed versions of the seniority list and has no effect on any individual's relative seniority.
We will republish the seniority lists once the issue is corrected.”

There will be an average of 12 a week into April and very possibly into May and June. They may only do 8 in one week due to some logistics problems but that will be made up with 16 the following week.

Sounds good if you want a nasty contract ahead!!

Oh yea, don't rule out all the crusty dudes staying and possible furlough......just my 2 cents.

Flame if you must.....

Sounds good if you want a nasty contract ahead!!

Oh yea, don't rule out all the crusty dudes staying and possible furlough......just my 2 cents.

Flame if you must.....

Why will Continental have nasty contract ahead?

Why is there a possible furlough?

Are you a pilot there?

Funny, I was told 16 per week through end of May yesterday by Christi with an email to confirm. Did this change within the day?

It has been changing a lot recently. I have heard 16 a week as well. That makes no sense though. Something has to be going on if they are going back up to 16 a week.

Why will Continental have nasty contract ahead?

SCOPE!! CHQ and the 170's are ready to go!! No secret why CAL reduced 69 XJT RJ's and brought CHQ in to operate CRJ's and ERJ's at a higher rate...

Why is there a possible furlough?

Not hard, age 65. ALL CAL's hiring is driven on retirements, not really any growth. Most of the crusty dudes will stay.

Are you a pilot there?

No, have plenty of friends there, and they are very nervous!! I do know CAL very well though...

Latest resources

Back