Continenal Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DirkkDiggler said:
Eight months ago at AWAC we were saying, "nobody could get 84 aircraft up and running to replace us in any decent time frame." I guess we were wrong about that. These things don't have to happen overnight. By the time we leave United, it will have been 10 months from when we lost our contract.

Agreed. I'm not suggesting that it is impossible just unlikely given the nature of the beast.

Britpilot said:
Correct, the CPA expires in 2007. CAL also retains some 21% of the stock in XJT. Many XJT share holders also are CAL share holders. Care to point out which company could ramp up a 274 airplane operation over night? And what's to prevent XJT gaining contracts from other carriers. Yes, things will be interesting in the future, thanks for pointing that out.

Not correct! Exclusivity expires 2007, the CPA goes on well past.

Britpilot said:
Care to point out which company could ramp up a 274 airplane operation over night?

274 airplanes no/overnight no.......a nice chunk yes/over a short period of time ......no problem.

United with ACA
United with Air Wisconsin
USAir with Mesa
Delta with ACA

I think COEX is one of the better companies out there. I see two things that may cause trouble down the line.

1.) They are the only COEX carrier (ok jetwise). If anything that makes them a target.

2.) They have 274 of one of the most unwanted airplanes in the industry right now.

Let's see....axe 70 or so of the 135/145 COEX planes....open season on 70/90 seaters after giving mainline something for some scope and Bamn!!! In walks CHQ/RP/SA, Blowjets, or what ever else crawls out of one of these CEO's ass.es.

They lessen their exposure to being held hostage by one regional pilot group as well as trade up in regards to $$ making machines.

Piker

Last edited:
Then they lose money because of what they own of XJET and the amount they have invested in a good product. Believe it or not we have a good relationship with CAL and why would they want to jack with something that is working. just my thoughts.

Superpilot92 said:
Then they lose money because of what they own of XJET and the amount they have invested in a good product. Believe it or not we have a good relationship with CAL and why would they want to jack with something that is working. just my thoughts.

All because it works now does not mean it will work forever.

COEX makes up a large part of CAL operation. In coming months CAL could possibly be competing against alot of it's peers with a very unfair advantage. Delta in Bankruptcy........Northwest in Bankruptcy.......United in Bankruptcy..........US Airways in bankruptcy or out of it with a new streamlined (ra.ped from employees) cost structure.

Are 135's and 145's the best money making machines in the business right now? Maybe on some routes, but Hol.y he.ll does CAL do everything with those things.

Delta, USAir, and Northwest all have airlines that they own 100% of, but they don't even get 100% of the business....they've all diversified.

Anyway......I'm starting to sound like I'm trying to prove a point that I'm not really trying to prove.

COEX is an awesome regional, we all know it's not going anywhere, but is it going to be the airline that gets you from the very bottom of a very large list to somewhere that your comfortable with.....if your starting over you have to look at the present day operation and it's potential:

1.)I think the EMB-135/145, CRJ-200 has the potential to be the next plane everyone is trying to operate less of.

2.) I think CAL will most likey follow the way of everyone else and diversify their carriers...when they do so no new carrier will be buying more 50 seat aircraft.

Piker

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in the interviews between those with current 121 jobs and the rest of the applicants? If so, what is the difference?

AV1ATRX said:
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in the interviews between those with current 121 jobs and the rest of the applicants? If so, what is the difference?

Depends, are you a male or female, are you black or white?

Latest resources

Back