Continenal Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Britpilot said:
Correct, for right now(in the hubs). Maybe not when CAL comes a beggin again.

I agree Brit the fact that they didn't get rid of that scope in the last round leads me to think that 1 they either have no desire to operate that size airplane(possible since they are focusing on international growth) or they will comeback for another round of givebacks(even more likely)

CommuterHell said:
Of course it's Mesa, who else would be so desperate to leave and go to another 121 carrier. So any advice?
I have no idea how they do the interviews now. But if I were you try to get some of the Indy guys on this board who have come over recently to give you a head up. So a search for "furloughed and Coex" and then PM some of those dudes. Good luck.

Britpilot said:
CAL also retains some 21% of the stock in XJT.

Actually, it is well below 10% now. I believe the article I saw stated that CAL retains 3-4% of XJT stock after all the contributions to the CAL pension plan.

145 Lawndart said:
The rest is still in effect and furthermore CAL has to give at least 12 months notice if they want to reduce the fleet of 274 airframes and only I believe in increments of 12 if memory serves me. I am sure Neal will correct me.

I believe the number is in increments of 25 airframes.

I heard from a reliable source (don't hit me) that we will hire until march 06 and then hring ends for the foreseeable future. As far as upgrades go, 200 or so more and then thats it. Then wherever you are at that point is where you will be for a while.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back