Continenal Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CommuterHell

Does anyone know how long Coex is anticipating on hiring? What is the projection on how many more pilots they need? I'm thinking of leaving Mesa and applying, so I need to get more information before I apply. Thanks

They have classes planned through the first of next year. However, the hiring is based on the block hours they are given from CAL...so in theory it could change next month...I guess the best way to put it is that they are ANTICIPATING on hiring through next year. Hope that helps...good luck.

If you ask 10 people you will get 10 different answers. It's a good place to be with a lot of different kind of flying. If things slow down after you were to come here, you will still be happy to be here. Get your stuff in ASAP

Contract with CAL expires 2007. Things could get interesting at XJET there... assuming there are any airlines still afloat by then.

Steveair said:
Contract with CAL expires 2007. Things could get interesting at XJET there... assuming there are any airlines still afloat by then.

Correct, the CPA expires in 2007. CAL also retains some 21% of the stock in XJT. Many XJT share holders also are CAL share holders. Care to point out which company could ramp up a 274 airplane operation over night? And what's to prevent XJT gaining contracts from other carriers. Yes, things will be interesting in the future, thanks for pointing that out.

I would say if you are going to do it apply and get on now and get the most seniority you can. We are hiring alot of people so seniority moves up quick plus people are moving on to cal swa ups fdx so seniority is moving. Good luck i agree you would be happy here even if you are here a while.

Britpilot,

Only the exclusivity portion expires Dec 31st 06'. The rest is still in effect and furthermore CAL has to give at least 12 months notice if they want to reduce the fleet of 274 airframes and only I believe in increments of 12 if memory serves me. I am sure Neal will correct me.

As for 170Guppykiller...

Never mind.

Last edited:
Britpilot said:
Care to point out which company could ramp up a 274 airplane operation over night?

Eight months ago at AWAC we were saying, "nobody could get 84 aircraft up and running to replace us in any decent time frame." I guess we were wrong about that. These things don't have to happen overnight. By the time we leave United, it will have been 10 months from when we lost our contract.

145 Lawndart said:
Britpilot,

Only the exclusivity portion expires Jan 31st 06'. The rest is still in effect and furthermore CAL has to give at least 12 months notice if they want to reduce the fleet of 274 airframes and only I believe in increments of 12 if memory serves me. I am sure Neal will correct me.

As for 170Guppykiller...

Never mind.

Is that 06 or 07?
I agree the twins are still joined at the hip.
I wish the best of luck to whoever is unfortunate enough to have to fly with Ms. guppymoron

Latest resources

Back