Congratulations to the CAL boys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O.K. just a few facts....

Unlimited water was never the issue. It was a bottled water thing. There was an internal memo from a mid level manager published that said if the flight crew wanted a big bottle (1L) of water provisioned for them, they (the flight crew) would have to sign for it.

A stink was raised when the memo came out and higher authorities said please disregard said memo.

Another mid/low level manager apparently didn't get the dis-regard memo and called a captain in for a carpet dance when he had signed for additional water for the flight crew.

Another bigger stink was raised, and another memo from on high has been published saying please make sure you have the water you need for your flight Crew....

the saga hopefully:rolleyes: is over now.

Not sure how that explanation makes the issue any less rediculous. The manager who wrote the first memo worked for Continental, right? Someone put that manager in a position to write such memos, correct? That's the culture they grow there... like the rest of the mold in Houston.

Well, ridiculous or not, it is an excellent explanation. Those are the facts, unlike what Pocono used to start this thread.

Here is what I do know, and that is many of us that ACTUALLY FLY FOR CAL, are working to make it a great place to be employed.

I really see a lot of potential here, and look forward to an awesome career at CAL. Even with this crappy contract I am very happy to be here. and this is coming from someone, that oh my GOD ACTUALLY WORKS AT CAL!

O.K. just a few facts....

Unlimited water was never the issue. It was a bottled water thing. There was an internal memo from a mid level manager published that said if the flight crew wanted a big bottle (1L) of water provisioned for them, they (the flight crew) would have to sign for it.

A stink was raised when the memo came out and higher authorities said please disregard said memo.

Another mid/low level manager apparently didn't get the dis-regard memo and called a captain in for a carpet dance when he had signed for additional water for the flight crew.

Another bigger stink was raised, and another memo from on high has been published saying please make sure you have the water you need for your flight Crew....

the saga hopefully:rolleyes: is over now.
My only question would be...
why is a Captain dancing for anyone other than an ACP or SCP and where was his representation?

1) Who do you think the mid-level manager was?

2) How do you know his representation wasn't there?
Wow...now that you put it like that...it's even more pathetic. How did it get that far? Sounds more like something that would happen at a lowly 135 company.

Last edited:
]

Well anything is better then Blue Juice! Cast stones when your own group does anything good for this job. BTW, trans con turns and 80 bucks/hour for the 190 doesn't count!

CAL FO 1st year pay = $31/hour.

No medical insurance for your first 6 months.

CAL is doing lots of good for this job...

Last edited:

How about you judge CAL after CAL ALPA negotiates Contract 08 and not before.

Contract 02 scum bags and spineless control MEC and pilot group has head in the sand.

Contract 08 solid MEC and building an Army of volunteers for our SPC to negotiate an Industry Leading Contract (that is one of the likes of FEDEX and UPS or at the very least like the pre concessionary contracts at Delta and United)
Pilot group at CAL today is never like any of what we have had in my twenty years here.

New hire pay and benefits today at CAL stink and I apologize to every new hire I fly with about how we screwed them in contract 02. Change is on the horizon at CAL.

By the way as a 737 CA last year I made 180K W2 - Stock Options and Profit Sharing 25K and B plan 15K Yes it stinks in comparison to FED EX, UPS and SWA but what did you guys make at Jet Blue????

Just to keep things in perspective, you have to weigh the 1 year vs a whole career. Plus, unless things have changed, I remember hearing a lot of grumbling about JB health insurance costs. Things are probably great for those who have been at JB long enough to hold captain, but the newhires aren't going to fare as well. Then there's the whole two-man-crew trans-con turn debacle...

Folks, there is no perfect airline. CAL is no different. Pick what you consider a great airline and we can probably make a laundry list of how it sucks in one way or another. Heck, SW has a great company history but working that type of flying isn't for everyone. Hopefully, with the next contract we'll rectify a lot that is wrong.

Latest resources

Back