• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congratulations to the CAL boys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still bummed out that all your friends are at FedEx and you are stuck at CAL, crapdog?

I still can't believe that you posted that on a message board since you are still on probabtion, but whatever. LOL

I can't believe that you are making the rest of us females out there look that bad. Wow. Try to get a grip.

CAL guys, hang in there - you guys are poised to lead the way for everyone. Best of luck!

I want nothing but the best for my brothers and sisters at CAL, a rising tide lifts all boats. But I don't see where their leverage is. CAL is not very selective, hiring fo's from lots of regionals with no real experience. Some of the worst work rules in the airline industry, worse than their regional partners. I know there's a shortage of pilots, but if I'm Larry what is my incentive to pay my pilots more and make them less productive. What is my incentive to get a contract in a timely manner. If I was CAL mgt I would drag my feet as long as possible. ASA has been in negotiations for something like 5 yrs, why should a CAL negotiation take any less. The RLA favors mgt, and there is no reason why mgt should improve anything at CAL.

I want nothing but the best for my brothers and sisters at CAL, a rising tide lifts all boats. But I don't see where their leverage is. CAL is not very selective, hiring fo's from lots of regionals with no real experience. Some of the worst work rules in the airline industry, worse than their regional partners. I know there's a shortage of pilots, but if I'm Larry what is my incentive to pay my pilots more and make them less productive. What is my incentive to get a contract in a timely manner. If I was CAL mgt I would drag my feet as long as possible. ASA has been in negotiations for something like 5 yrs, why should a CAL negotiation take any less. The RLA favors mgt, and there is no reason why mgt should improve anything at CAL.

First off CAL is selective in their process. Over 10,000 apps on file. Yes they have hired some f/o's with not much in the way of PIC, but it happens almost everywhere. Avg times at CAL are around 6500tt with 2500 pic turrbine. THere are exceptions. I know quite a few at Delta recently with no PIC time and very low total. Happens all the time. The leverage is we are in reasonable profitable time with growth plans. We have a lot of new blood that SEEMS to be willing to unify. Not this "oh I would do this but I have five kids in college, 2 ex wives, and the dog needs to be spade" syndrome. By delaying a contract for years at a major the company usually ends up with back pay, not to mention a renewal sooner then later. A happy work force makes for a productive work force. Just look around. I am not saying it will work, but if any legacy carrier can get anything it will be CAL or AA.

very well said, Albie. and thanks for the endorsement. i am hopeful for a bright future at CAL.

as for Pocono Pilot...i have requested explanation from moderators why this pinhead is allowed to freely assault my professional peer group time and again. it's my belief that Pocono Pilot is in cahoots with the moderators of this board. others have been 'suspended' or 'banned' for much less damage than Pocono Pilot.

at any rate, Pocono Pilot is only useful to his/herself. and even that must be a challenge to justify on a daily basis. Pocono Pilot is the spirit of an unsuccessful pilot group. that is why he/she is not a successful interview candidate.

Well, flightinfo has its warts. Anyone with 10 bucks can post, and we all know sometimes there are trolls or troublemakers out there.

At the same time--the (general) lack of censorship allows us the freedom to rock and roll and allow some pretty free flowing conversations. The less moderator input, the happier I am. We can all choose to "ignore" posters and engage or disengage at our choosing. You may not appreciate that freedom until it is impeded--so don't sweat the small stuff.

I have really enjoyed some of the posts from some of the great folks here: Occam's Razor, Rez, PCL 28, Big Beer Belly, Megadeath, Scrapdog, Deuce130, and others.

I've also noticed that sometimes guys and gals have their heads up their butts....like Occams' Razor, Rez, PCL 28, BBB, Megadeath, Scrapdog, Deuce, and others....

Dive in. Grab the good stuff. Cut the chaff out of your crosscheck--either with the "ignore" feature or just the will not to take idiot's bait. But trust me--you don't want moderator input everytime there is a disagreement. Be a big boy and deal with it on your own.

Just my 2 cents from an internet message board junkie...

CAL is not very selective, hiring fo's from lots of regionals with no real experience.

This is a very interesting comment. All had college degrees and there was only ONE in my new hire class with less than 3000 hours of turbine PIC and 5000 hours total time. And that ONE was a regional captain building jet PIC time when hired by CAL.

IBut I don't see where their leverage is.

The pilot group has PLENTY of avenues to make and utilize leverage. The SPSC was very instrumental behind the scenes in the "watergate" topic at hand.

CAL is not very selective, hiring fo's from lots of regionals with no real experience.

I really love this misconception. This "factor" is evident because it is, in all actual fact, out of the norm. The majority of the people that get hired at CAL have many years of PIC experience at a 121 carrier or military experience. You just don't hear about them b/c they are "normal."

Kinda like no one gets on the news and says "Today a man had breakfast on the SE side of town with his family." That's normal...and no one cares.

Kinda like no one gets on the news and says "Today a man had breakfast on the SE side of town with his family." That's normal...and no one cares.

exactly. ignorance of the CAL pilot demographic continues to run rampant on flightinfo.

i have fun. work with good people. occasionally i run into a turd. but i probably qualify as a turd myself from time to time.

it's a job. at a major. with great equipment. good management. and a nice rising trend of market presence. the seniority progression has been tremendous with lots of opportunity. glad i made the move.

I was teaching P2P classes in EWR most of last week and have detailed information that I can't share on a public forum reference the water event. What I will say is alot went on behind the scenes our MEC Chairman, MEC and SPSC acted appropriately and this is a much bigger victory then it appears on the surface.

If we stand shoulder to shoulder all 5000 of us, we can achieve our goal of an industry leading contract. Last week certainly was a nice infusion of adrenalin to me.

I am prepared to do whatever it takes (legally of of course) to achieve our contractual goals.

...industry leading contract...maybe they'll add Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, and iced tea!!!

Reference the initial post...

"I heard that you fought the company hard and got your unlimited water back. Flight attendants are no longer required to report you for asking for a full bottle of water while on the flight deck.

Nice work on that! Lesser pilot groups would have probably rolled over and flown without access to water.

They took it away, you got it back, and now you celebrate the victory!"

...that's pretty funny as just about every other airline, the pilots get unlimited snacks and drinks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back