Congratulations to the CAL boys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reference the initial post...

"I heard that you fought the company hard and got your unlimited water back. Flight attendants are no longer required to report you for asking for a full bottle of water while on the flight deck.

Nice work on that! Lesser pilot groups would have probably rolled over and flown without access to water.

They took it away, you got it back, and now you celebrate the victory!"

...that's pretty funny as just about every other airline, the pilots get unlimited snacks and drinks.

Aha! So the initial post was made by Pocono? That explains why I missed it.
Every airline has management that makes stupid decisions. When they do, it's good to know that input from an employee group can rectify the situation. Let's say that we didn't get out water back for these flights. That's much more in line with what a lot of guys are thinking these days when pilot groups have been beaten down so much.
As far as "celebrating" the victory, that's just a perception that Pocono has painted in order to take another free shot at CAL.

"Congratulations to the CAL boys"

"boys" is right. Someday all grown up and get an adult contract with rigs, reserve, bidding, and all the other things mature pilot groups have.

I have been getting a bottle of water every flight since I was a new hire 2 years ago. I never knew that water was an issue.

Was it really?

So how are the Northwest and United rigs doing? How's the water supply? Unless you fly at a regional, your contract has been decimated in the last few years. Everyone is suffering to the same degree, give or take. It is definitely time we started taking it back. On the water note, I've never even heard of this policy. Most every crew I've flown with not only has a full 1 liter bottle on the flight deck but also takes one for the overnight. A couple bottles of water are cheaper than a sick crew due to bad water.

"Congratulations to the CAL boys"

"boys" is right. Someday all grown up and get an adult contract with rigs, reserve, bidding, and all the other things mature pilot groups have.

Duty rig NWA 1:2, CAL - None, Trip Rig NWA 1:3.75, CAL 1:4, Min Pay per Duty Period, NWA 5.00 hrs, CAL - None. These #'s are after NWA CH-11.

Last edited:
O.K. just a few facts....

Unlimited water was never the issue. It was a bottled water thing. There was an internal memo from a mid level manager published that said if the flight crew wanted a big bottle (1L) of water provisioned for them, they (the flight crew) would have to sign for it.

A stink was raised when the memo came out and higher authorities said please disregard said memo.

Another mid/low level manager apparently didn't get the dis-regard memo and called a captain in for a carpet dance when he had signed for additional water for the flight crew.

Another bigger stink was raised, and another memo from on high has been published saying please make sure you have the water you need for your flight Crew....

the saga hopefully:rolleyes: is over now.

...industry leading contract...maybe they'll add Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, and iced tea!!!
]

Well anything is better then Blue Juice! Cast stones when your own group does anything good for this job. BTW, trans con turns and 80 bucks/hour for the 190 doesn't count!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back