• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compare your pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what will be bigger and better, but I do believe I am in a better position than most. We have lost guys to Frontier, FedEx, Alaska, Midwest, Ryan, Kalitta, NetJets, FlightOptions, and several others in the past few months. All of these people have less time in the airline industry than a lot of regional FOs.

I think this company has more job security than most, and it is a quick trip to 1000PIC. And if one day they do close the doors, we will have a party.

I think the pay sucks, but I would rather be here than at Mesa where I would be taking flying away from other pilots and leaving them without a job. We have our niche and rarely bother anyone else.

After a couple thousand hours in a turboprop without an autopilot, and flying into small mountain towns and landing in gusty wyoming crosswinds, I bet I will be a better pilot than if I went and flew an RJ instead.

I can't wait to upgrade so I can actually afford to eat. Rammen noodles and PPJ sandwhiches are gettin old.

After a couple thousand hours in a turboprop without an autopilot, and flying into small mountain towns and landing in gusty wyoming crosswinds, I bet I will be a better pilot than if I went and flew an RJ instead.

Ain't that the truth!? I've become such a lazy pilot with my buttons and TV screens!

FCPhotography said:
Pinnacle

FO 2nd year $27,000
Credit 90-95/Block 95-100
Always Extended
Complimentary reach-arounds

I would not wish this job on anyone.

You going to stick it out there, or jump to another regional? Seems a lot are leaving Pinnacle for others these days.

We are going to stick it out for a while. We have family in MSP and I drive to work. I am starting a lawn business this spring and find a lot of fun with that. I try to mimimize my time at work and make the money elsewhere, at least while I am an FO. I have been averaging being gone about 4-8 nights a month.

With a little luck you can make as much money in landscaping as you can as a regional CA and you are home most of the time. I mowed yards in DC when I was a CA on RES and made more from mowing than I did from being on call.

I like being outside at a leisurely pace so it works for me.

Last edited:
First year SkyWest pay. 15,044.23 On reserve the entire time. I would pick up an extra 5 or so hours a month on my days off. (This includes two and a half months no pay for traning). Deduct aprox 1000.00 for uniform and jepps, and that puts me at 14,044.23

dogman50 said:
First year SkyWest pay. 15,044.23 On reserve the entire time. I would pick up an extra 5 or so hours a month on my days off. (This includes two and a half months no pay for traning). Deduct aprox 1000.00 for uniform and jepps, and that puts me at 14,044.23

does skywest not pay for any of your uniform or jepps?

Latest resources

Back