Compare your pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotOnTheRise

There was a similiar thread to this awhile back comparing SkyWest to ASA. Since there seems to be many inquiries into the pay of the various regionals, lets compare them all.

Format:

Airline:
FO or CA:
Year:
Hours per month/avg.:
Salary:
Other benefits/retirement, etc:

Maybe this will help give some people an idea of what they could expect at various airlines.

ILS2DH said:
Go to airlinepilotcentral.com and you'll get your answers.

Yes, and remember, everything has to do with hourly pay. At least I understand you Mr. Moderator. Here goes:

Skyway
6th year captain 328jet
25 hrs. a month
$55,000/year gross
2.5% 401k match, I think. Regardless, it's pretty low.
1.28/hr perdiem

I was straight reserve all year, 300 hrs. total. 100 of that was overtime on my off days. I was away from home 35 nights. Lineholders will be a little higher due to perdiem and possibly a little more overtime.

Also, I didn't spend any time worried about who was going to steal our flying. Spent a little time hoping the Delta deal would happen and then relieved it didn't. Didn't worry about bases opening and closing. Company was cash neutral for the year. And finally, I went from shooting around 100 to 85 on the golf course. It was a very good year here in my eyes.

Last edited:
Propsync said:
Yes, and remember, everything has to do with hourly pay. At least I understand you Mr. Moderator. Here goes:

Skyway
6th year captain 328jet
25 hrs. a month
$55,000/year gross
25% 401k match, I think. Regardless, it's pretty low.
1.28/hr perdiem

I was straight reserve all year, 300 hrs. total. 100 of that was overtime on my off days. I was away from home 35 nights. Lineholders will be a little higher due to perdiem and possibly a little more overtime.

Also, I didn't spend any time worried about who was going to steal our flying. Spent a little time hoping the Delta deal would happen and then relieved it didn't. Didn't worry about bases opening and closing. Company was cash neutral for the year. And finally, I went from shooting around 100 to 85 on the golf course. It was a very good year here in my eyes.

Great improvement on the golf score. I can't break 100 still, haha!

Propsync is correct. I am not looking for hourly pay, but overall salary. Typically calculations using the guarantee and hourly pay end up well below what many end up making. This is not just for me either. I've noticed several posts inquiring about pay for specific airline. This way everyone can see what to expect.

True. Pay varies greatly between lineholders and reservists depending on min line values and reserve guarantees. I'd say avg reserve guarantee is 75 hrs/month and usually the junior reservists are the only ones who break that. Avg lineholder pay is usually in the 80-85 hr range, maybe more at some places. Also remember that per diem (up to $1.50/hr I think) is non-taxable. At my airline, that's another $400+ a month tax free.

Propsync said:

Skyway
6th year captain 328jet
25 hrs. a month
$55,000/year gross
25% 401k match, I think. Regardless, it's pretty low.
1.28/hr perdiem

Holy Crap!!

25% match on your 401K. How in the world did you guys get that? Most airlines only match up to 4%.

PropPiedmont said:
Holy Crap!!

25% match on your 401K. How in the world did you guys get that? Most airlines only match up to 4%.

I'm sure what he means is that for every dollar, the company will match with 25 cents. Probably up to 4-6% range as with most companies. Feel fortunate at Expressjet we have dollar for dollar match (100%) up to 5% at year 5 (sliding scale) of employment in addition to a set contribution by the company based on years a service that is automatic regardless of whether you contribute any money (2.5% at year 5).

PropPiedmont said:
Holy Crap!!

Oops. Forgot the decimal. 2.5% match if you put 10% in. At least that's how it works out on my check.

Latest resources

Back