Commuting under attack because of crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bunkle,
You're a real tool. I hate to say it but that Q-400 should have fell down on top of you,but that would not have knocked some sense it your empty head.

Commuting is a PRIVELEDGE, not a RIGHT, or Luxury for that matter. Base closures, living in NYC, etc, are the nature of the business. If you cant handle the terms, then find another line of work. That being said, I completely understand why people commute, and Im glad that this industry offers them an opportunity to do it and that they can make it work, but don't think the airlines aren't going to fight a change to add commuting time to your duty day. If something comes of it, you can be sure EVERY line will start at 6am!

Because in todays society no one fails anymore. No more "F's" are handed out, they're all "H's" for HELP.
And and GIA, NO ONE is a failure. They're ALL winners!

We live in the land of the endless second chance.

BTW, what is GIA?

Commuting is a PRIVELEDGE, not a RIGHT, or Luxury for that matter. Base closures, living in NYC, etc, are the nature of the business. If you cant handle the terms, then find another line of work. That being said, I completely understand why people commute, and Im glad that this industry offers them an opportunity to do it and that they can make it work, but don't think the airlines aren't going to fight a change to add commuting time to your duty day. If something comes of it, you can be sure EVERY line will start at 6am!
I totally disagree. Commuting is an established common practice, and has been for at least 50 years. WE pilots are part of an itinerant workforce where base closings and reassignments are common. Add to that the fact that many of us have spouses with careers that can't be dumped at the whim of some stuffed shirt in airline management and you may get a glimpse of why some of us simply do not accept the way things are, and are working to change them.

I'm sorry but I do not accept your 'if you don't like it then get out' rationale. Not only that, but I'm going to do whatever I can to effect the necessary changes.

Add to that the fact that many of us have spouses with careers that can't be dumped at the whim of some stuffed shirt in airline management and you may get a glimpse of why some of us simply do not accept the way things are, and are working to change them.

Hear, hear! Amen. Then again, many a pilot couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a handful of $100 bills.

Imagine having 15 years in a company with a family, and BANG! it all goes to feces. Sure! Let's crush the kids' lives, screw up the marriage even more, lose the comfy house and make a financially unreasonable move...

I'm sorry but I do not accept your 'if you don't like it then get out' rationale.
Much of the same type of arm's length analysis that occurs when a pilot is convinced another airline should go out of business, for the 'market's sake.' As long as it doesn't affect me, it is a character flaw in somebody else.

Not only that, but I'm going to do whatever I can to effect the necessary changes.
Outstanding.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I do not accept your 'if you don't like it then get out' rationale. Not only that, but I'm going to do whatever I can to effect the necessary changes.
The guys who do accept it are company lap dogs.
They want anyone who is willing to eat a plate of sh*t burgers, without asking questions.

We live in the land of the endless second chance.

BTW, what is GIA?
Too bad no one on 3407 will be given a second chance.

GIA is Gulfstream, a Continental Connection carrier, where the FO's pay $30k a year to sit in the right seat of a BE1900 for a year.
Just ask PCL_128, he's their poster child.

The guys who do accept it are company lap dogs.
They want anyone who is willing to eat a plate of sh*t burgers, without asking questions.

Are you calling me a company lap dog? I do NOT commute. I moved. But it sure as hell doesn't mean I accept "it," whatever "it" is.

Are you calling me a company lap dog? I do NOT commute. I moved. But it sure as hell doesn't mean I accept "it," whatever "it" is.
Not what I ment.
I commute too, so relax.
I was refering to the guys who say "Like it or quit"....they're the company lap dogs.

Latest resources

Back