• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comming to USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You never know, but the 99 hires are very close to the 88 hires due to low number of returns from furlough. Adding internationally and very high retirements, I'd say 6 years( add 3 yrs if 65 goes thru. But...you never can tell in this biz.

Not when all us westies senior to you 99 and 88's take all the upgrades in PHL...we are senior you know

Not when all us westies senior to you 99 and 88's take all the upgrades in PHL...we are senior you know

Yes Abe, you guys are senior, but I'd say that any westie that would leave the pretty girls in PHX for a couple of extra bucks in PHL would need their head examined

Yes Abe, you guys are senior, but I'd say that any westie that would leave the pretty girls in PHX for a couple of extra bucks in PHL would need their head examined

Exactly my point....The flood gates will not open for Westies going East...Most of us work at America West because we like Phoenix and want to be domiciled out West! I only know a small handfull of people who want to go back out East.

and btw...there are a bunch of hotties in clt too my friend :)

I know things are screwed up now(seniority, lack of joint contract, etc...) However, When(?) things settle down, you've got a massive amount of people retiring in the East. I think that you have a "geographical fence" somewhat protecting the East coast positions, I sure would not commute x-country and alot guys are not going to give up the southwest.

Big Risk....but it could(?) work out nice for some folks.

Your talking about pilots here. Majority of them chase the $$$$$. I've seen guys commute from alaska and hawaii for a crappy non-sked freight dog job out of miami.

So your trying to say that an f/o out west won't look at going east if they can upgrade 2-5 years sooner??? for what. 30k more/year or so???

Don't know and we may never find out

I guess if you're from the east it's hard to understand but few confirmend west-coast guys are going to move to any of the usair domiciles; not for 30k. It would be sort of like asking an east coast guy if he'd take an extra 30k to move to Greenland.

Based on age 60 you're probably looking at about 8ish years for a 73 but probably considerably less for the 190. Of course 65 is coming so plan on closer to 12 for the 73 IMO.

The Boeings won't be around here in 12 years.

I know things are screwed up now(seniority, lack of joint contract, etc...) However, When(?) things settle down, you've got a massive amount of people retiring in the East. I think that you have a "geographical fence" somewhat protecting the East coast positions, I sure would not commute x-country and alot guys are not going to give up the southwest.

Big Risk....but it could(?) work out nice for some folks.

A good deal of those retirements though are from FO's(senior pilot group) and pilots out on medical. There are a lot of retirements, but not as many as the Easties would have you believe.

You know, you keep throwing out that blanket comment. How about putting up some numbers. From just glancing at the list. about 90% of our capts will be retired within 7 years or so. That's a litttle over 1600 or so capt positions gone. And well with the seniority as you want to have merged, those positions will go to the west guys, and then YES, the majority of US retirements will be f/o's as they were denied the ability to fill those vacancies from the capt's above.

So please, List how many capts retire in the next 5 years, and how many f/o's...

Counting real quick. In the next 5 years. US has 800 or so Capts retire. Around maybe 100 f/o's retire.

West side has, somewhere less than 400 Capts retire. And a handful of f/o's.

So how is 100 f/o's more retirements than 800 capts?

Latest resources

Back