• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comming to USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate riding on them in the back. Crappy service, crappy planes, late all the time, flights cancel, lucky to see my bag when I get there.

Why in the world would you want to work there?

I hate riding on them in the back. Crappy service, crappy planes, late all the time, flights cancel, lucky to see my bag when I get there.

Why in the world would you want to work there?

You pretty much just summed up every airline out there. Except maybe Southwest.:(

In retread school now. They said hiring might take place in OCT. Will hire around 300 depending on how many return in the last two recall classes which take place in SEPT and OCT. They said there is 540 pilots remaining on the APL list. Figure only 10% will return.

GOOD LUCK!

In retread school now. They said hiring might take place in OCT. Will hire around 300 depending on how many return in the last two recall classes which take place in SEPT and OCT. They said there is 540 pilots remaining on the APL list. Figure only 10% will return.

GOOD LUCK!

Just curious and not trying to be flip, but what would the project upgrade time be for a newhire at USAirways? Can anyone estimate it?

Milo,
How many were in your class?

Just curious and not trying to be flip, but what would the project upgrade time be for a newhire at USAirways? Can anyone estimate it?

Well, if I use some of the same optimistic thought patterns some must use to consider hiring on to the "new" US Airways today as a newhire...

If you get hired on at age 10, upgrade looks pretty promising around 35.

Based on age 60 you're probably looking at about 8ish years for a 73 but probably considerably less for the 190. Of course 65 is coming so plan on closer to 12 for the 73 IMO.

You never know, but the 99 hires are very close to the 88 hires due to low number of returns from furlough. Adding internationally and very high retirements, I'd say 6 years( add 3 yrs if 65 goes thru. But...you never can tell in this biz.

Latest resources

Back